MARTIN, John S. III "Little John" - b. June 11, 1957 - d. November 18, 2006

Started by Janet Harrington, November 20, 2006, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

John S. Martin
[/b]

(Taken from the Flint Hills Express, Nov. 22, 2006, page 4)

John S. "Little John" Martin III, 49, of Augusta, died Saturday, Nov. 18, 2006 .

John was born in Winfield on June 11, 1957.  He was the son of the late John Stanley and Mildred Jean (Baker) Martin.  He had been a machinist at Spirit and Boeing for 18 years.  John enjoyed tearing things apart just to rebuild them, watching his kids play sports, and he loved to play slow pitch ball.  He was a member of the Knights of Columbus and had been a New Horizons 4-H club leader growing up.

On Feb. 25, 1986 he married Kim Moore in Augusta.  She survives.  Other survivors include: his children, Candi Suter and her husband Chris of Augusta, Crystal Martin and John Thomas "J. T." Martin of the home; a brother, Tom Martin and his wife Vickie of Las Vegas, Nev.; sisters, Nancy Barnaby and her husband Art of Manhattan; Sally Morgan and her husband Ed of Moline; Patty Wiseman and her husband Randy of Howard; and Jean Wilson and her husband Bill of Leavenworth.  Memorials to the John S. Martin III Memorial Fund.

Family viewing will be Wednesday, Nov. 22 from 6 -8 p.m. at the Healdey Funeral Chapel, 813 State Street in Augusta.  Rosary will be Friday at 7 p.m. and Mass at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 25 at St. James Catholic Church, Augusta.  Burial will be at Calvary cemetery in Augusta.

AUGUSTA - John S. "Little John" Martin III, 49, of Augusta, died Saturday.

Funeral Mass willb e at 10 a.m. on Saturday at St. James Catholic Church in Augusta.  Rosary will be at 7 p.m. Firday at the church.  Burial will be at Calvary Cemetery in Augusta.

Friends may call from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday at Headley Funeral Chapel in Augusta.

Memorials are suggested to the John S. Martin III Memorial Fund.

Mr. Martin was born in Winfield on June 11, 1957, the son of John and Mildred (Baker) Martin.  He had been a machinist at Spirit and Boeing for 18 years.

He was a member of the Knights of Columbus and had been a New Horizons 4-H club member.

On Feb. 25, 1986 he married Kim Moore in Augusta, and she survives.

Other survivors include his children, Candi Suter, Augusta, and Crustal Martin and John Thomas "J. T." Martin, both of the home, a brother, Tom martin, of Las Vegas, Nev.; and four sisters, nancy Barnaby, Manhattan; Sally Morgan, Moline; Patty Wiseman, Howard; and Jean Willson, Leavenworth.

(Taken from the Independence Daily Reporter, November 20, 2006, page 2)

(When there is a more indepth obit in the Flint Hills Express, I will add it to this one.  Little John Martin grew up in Howard, graduated from West Elk, and is known by many, many people in Elk County.)

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I think you are right.  If I knew where my annuals were, I would try to look that up.  However; I probably don't have one for that year.  Little John used to work with Jim at Criger Oil several years ago.

emptynest

I was so saddened to hear about Little John Martin.  He graduated with me from the West Elk Class of 1975.  He was a very neat guy and very well liked.  I couldn't believe the last time that I talked to him, how much he sounded like his dad.  They had exactly the same type of voice.  I am so sorry for his children, his brother and sisters.  I will keep them in prayer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk