Virginia City Limits Confederate Flag

Started by redcliffsw, September 02, 2011, 07:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Diane Amberg

I will not argue this. I saw what I saw on the show. Steve can call up the show and argue with them himself! I just thought it was interesting to see the old flag.
I swear if I just stated that the sun rose in the east somebody would argue and tell me I'm wrong.

sodbuster

Steve, after you watch the clip I would be interested in what you have to add. Diane you did in fact see what you saw. I remembered the show from a while back. I had forgotten that there was some chance Kansas would have gone to the Confederacy. Kansas was a very pivitol state when it came to the Civil War. I think Waldo posted some good info. on Kansas and the Civil War this a few years back. I will try to find the posts here on the forum.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 03, 2011, 09:41:13 PM
I will not argue this. I saw what I saw on the show. Steve can call up the show and argue with them himself! I just thought it was interesting to see the old flag.
I swear if I just stated that the sun rose in the east somebody would argue and tell me I'm wrong.

You are arguing that there were more than 13 states?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: sodbuster on September 03, 2011, 09:50:27 PM
Steve, after you watch the clip I would be interested in what you have to add. Diane you did in fact see what you saw. I remembered the show from a while back. I had forgotten that there was some chance Kansas would have gone to the Confederacy. Kansas was a very pivitol state when it came to the Civil War. I think Waldo posted some good info. on Kansas and the Civil War this a few years back. I will try to find the posts here on the forum.

David

IF it had gone through osage lands would have become the 14th state.

srkruzich

Ok some folks included deleware.   There was a 18 star flag i know of, 13 confederate states plus 5 civilized nations (cherokee brigade). 

sodbuster

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0194016.html

11 confederate states with Kentucky and Missouri remaining in the Union but being represented on the Confederate Flag.

State Seceded
from Union Readmitted
to Union1 1. South Carolina Dec. 20, 1860 July 9, 1868 2. Mississippi Jan. 9, 1861 Feb. 23, 1870 3. Florida Jan. 10, 1861 June 25, 1868 4. Alabama Jan. 11, 1861 July 13, 1868 5. Georgia Jan. 19, 1861 July 15, 18702 6. Louisiana Jan. 26, 1861 July 9, 1868 7. Texas March 2, 1861 March 30, 1870 8. Virginia April 17, 1861 Jan. 26, 1870 9. Arkansas May 6, 1861 June 22, 1868 10. North Carolina May 20, 1861 July 4, 1868 11. Tennessee June 8, 1861 July 24, 1866

Sorry for the bad formating.

David

sodbuster

Quote from: srkruzich on September 03, 2011, 10:06:35 PM
Ok some folks included deleware.   There was a 18 star flag i know of, 13 confederate states plus 5 civilized nations (cherokee brigade).

In a 3' x 5' shape, the Naval Jack was used by the Army of Tennessee, one of the main forces in the Western field of operations. The Stars and Bars with 18 stars (13 white representing the 13 states and 5 red, representing the five civilized nations - Indians that fought for the confederacy) was the last one to be used in the field by the last Confederate General to surrender with the Cherokee brigade.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/Flags/us-csa.html

The Five Civililized Nations and the Civil War.
http://www.amtour.net/downloadable/The_5_Civilized_Tribes_in_the_Civil_War_a_Biographical_Essay.pdf

Thanks Steve and Diane for the good trip through the Civil war. Very entertaining for me.

Diane Amberg

Steve, I  will not argue any of this just fore the sake of an argument. I was just referring to the interesting old one that was one the show,period. Nothing more to say. :-X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk