Teachers Unions explained.....

Started by redcliffsw, August 28, 2011, 02:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Hey, guys -

Why don't you sit in a couple of classrooms and see what our local teachers are doing and not doing. See what's going on with the students. Observers are usually allowed, after they clear it with the office.

Catwoman

That's an excellent suggestion, Gentlemen...Go check out what happens in a modern-day classroom that is run by a truly good classroom educator...West Elk has many that fit this description...Try going into one of the elementary rooms...I dare ya...I guarantee, today's education doesn't bear any resemblence to what you old coots experienced.

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 07:26:32 PM
Go look in a mirror if you've the mind to argue at the moment...I'm not interested.

So we see.

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 07:43:14 PM
However, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, Patriot.  YOU should realize that.

It was I who just made that point, I believe, in retort to your 'educators never' stereotype.  I definitely realize it.

Uh... there's some bathwater dripping from your shoes.  :)

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

Nice retort...Now...Are you going to go sit in an elementary classroom and see what REALLY happens in the world of education? 

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 07:49:46 PM
That's an excellent suggestion, Gentlemen...Go check out what happens in a modern-day classroom that is run by a truly good classroom educator...West Elk has many that fit this description...Try going into one of the elementary rooms...I dare ya...I guarantee, today's education doesn't bear any resemblence to what you old coots experienced.

Old coots.  Hmmm. Another expression of your superior intellect and education?  Oh... it's resemblance, not resemblence.

You used to teach out this way, didn't you?  I would think auditing one of your classes would be an experience.  

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 07:56:19 PM
Nice retort...Now...Are you going to go sit in an elementary classroom and see what REALLY happens in the world of education? 

Is this the rotating retort segment?

No, I'm not.  The reason would be that this little dialogue was about your overreaching statement inferring that educators 'never' err when it comes to child welfare.  It was not about my experience with modern elementary classroom formats or education in general. 

I (and I suspect most adults outside the cocoon of academia) see the results of educators' endeavors daily.  And if international test trends are any indication, the outcomes of your efforts are definitely not improving.  I trust your union negotiated employee benefit package has done substantially better in recent years.

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 07:56:19 PM
Been there  done that.

I asked why the kids were all over the place.
Why they were sitting on top of their desks.
And talking between themselves about football etc.

The answer, they have add or adhd or whatever.

The teacher was not in control of the classroom, so how in the world can she be teaching?

Catwoman

I should have known...OF COURSE Ross would have been there, done that, harder, longer, stronger, better, with worse spelling, than anyone else living.  Gee, Patriot...You've got a ways to go before you've caught up with our Forum expert.  Better get going, dude.

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 08:26:45 PM
I should have known...OF COURSE Ross would have been there, done that, harder, longer, stronger, better, with worse spelling, than anyone else living.  Gee, Patriot...You've got a ways to go before you've caught up with our Forum expert.  Better get going, dude.

Judas!  For an educator, you sure have a way of getting off track.  What?  No lesson plan to follow?  Other than showing empathy, teachers should be generally be teaching and leaving social work to trained professionals in the fields of social work or psychology or counseling... Ross is spot on in that regard.  Perhaps the mark of a true professional is knowing when to step aside and refer.

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on August 30, 2011, 08:26:45 PM
I should have known...OF COURSE Ross would have been there, done that, harder, longer, stronger, better, with worse spelling, than anyone else living.  Gee, Patriot...You've got a ways to go before you've caught up with our Forum expert.  Better get going, dude.

You are so stupid I can't believe you are an educator.
Do you teach at West Elk?
If so perhaps that is why I pulled my son out of that school district.
You insisted on an attendence and you got it.
You don't like the truth so you are ignorant enough to try a put down.
INHO West Elk has the worst school superintendent I have ever spoke with in my 65 years of life.
And I have spoke with quite a few.

Oh, I happen to have a cousin who was one of those exceptional school teachers. She taught grade school for many years and then went to teaching high school. She returned to teaching grade school because far to many teachers were not teaching reading and writing to the children. I have to admit her husband falls on the other end of the spectrum. They ar both retired  now. It's a shame because she was a great teacher, but a good thing because he was not.

But you probably cannot handle the truth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk