State Department: Don't Invade Privacy of Al Qaeda Cleric on CIA Kill List

Started by Warph, August 26, 2011, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Last of all, my source was in somalia one of the DEVGRU that actually made it out alive. He was there evacing the embassy, then going in after some wounded.  Came back and trained DEVGRU members since he is unable to go back into battle.   He gave my son some equipment to use in iraq when my son graduated from boot camp.  We are pretty close and yes he said no one can talk about it.  So like i said if your source is talking about it their breaking federal law or full of shit one or the other.  I don't think anyone would risk their freedom much less their career in that manner.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Steve, I don't have to prove anything.
Before I say anything else, go back and read ALL of the Christian Science Monitor article YOU posted. It states very plainly that none of the Seal Team 6 members that died in the helicopter that was shot down were involved in the Osama attack. Same unit, different people.
  Remember, sadly all the bodies come here.
  KS ,same deal....There is a Seal Team 6, just as there is a Seal Team 5 and a Seal Team 2.That has nothing to do with the number of people in the unit. Same unit, but different people. As far as what helicopter they were in and why, I have no idea and it didn't matter to me so I didn't check.

jarhead

Guess the debate over whacking ol Anwar al Awlaki should come to an end. He's dead like a squashed cock-a-roach that he was.

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on September 30, 2011, 02:13:22 PM
Guess the debate over whacking ol Anwar al Awlaki should come to an end. He's dead like a squashed cock-a-roach that he was.

Yep... good riddence... dead but not forgotten.  You can expect retaliations coming down the rode for his and American Samir Khan's demise.

Al qaeda: Dead, Captured and Wanted

From CNN: http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/10/dead-captured-and-wanted/?hpt=hp_t1

Update September 30, 2011] With the reports of the death of American-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, take a look back at some of the dead, captured and remaining most wanted terrorists from the last 10 years.[Original post] Ten years after the devastating attacks on America, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta recently said the U.S is "within reach of strategically defeating al-Qaeda."   His comments came following the successful joint U.S. intelligence and military operation in May that led to the death of number one terrorist Osama Bin Laden, and the intensified effort over the past several years to wipe out senior al Qaeda operatives through drone missile strikes.  "I do believe that if we continue this effort that we can really cripple al-Qaeda as a threat to this country," maintained Panetta.

Although there have been some impressive gains in wiping out the terrorist leadership through both capture and killing, there are still a significant number of names on the most wanted list.

CNN spoke with a number of intelligence agencies to come up with a list of the dirty dozens: the 12 most significant terrorists who are now dead, have been captured and those who are still being hunted.  The lists are obviously subjective–there are many more candidates–but these are some of the top combatants in the war on terror.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/10/dead-captured-and-wanted/?hpt=hp_t1
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sodbuster

Oh, BTW, the whole war after 9\11 should have involved drones, predators, CIA, DEVGRU-Seal Team Six etc and not the regular troops on the ground.  You can't fight a terrorist war with legal troops. It just kills a bunch of young kids and makes for the longest war in our history. I just saw a program on Ronald Reagan from the Miller Center. He knew the way to use military force and not get into a prolonged war.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

jarhead

Quote from sodbuster:
Oh, BTW, the whole war after 9\11 should have involved drones, predators, CIA, DEVGRU-Seal Team Six etc and not the regular troops on the ground.  You can't fight a terrorist war with legal troops.

So General Sodbuster, please tell me why the plain ol grunts(regular troops ) are not capable of fighting terrorists. Please tell us when and where you got your expertise in any military matter---and we will not counting the Sgt Rock comic books. Just because Seal Team -6 got the honor and privilege of busting a cap in OBL's ass , don't forget some of the most covert operations are being carried out by the Air Force's special force units --The Army Green Berets & Rangers, and I think maybe the Force Recon Marines get to have a little fun on occasion.
On second thought you don't have to answer any questions I might ask because I don't believe a single word that comes out of your pie hole. You yourself told me not to.

Quote from Sodbuster
Plus, you left out the quote where I told you not to believe anything I say here on the forum

sodbuster

Quote from: jarhead on September 30, 2011, 11:10:23 PM
Quote from sodbuster:
Oh, BTW, the whole war after 9\11 should have involved drones, predators, CIA, DEVGRU-Seal Team Six etc and not the regular troops on the ground.  You can't fight a terrorist war with legal troops.

So General Sodbuster, please tell me why the plain ol grunts(regular troops ) are not capable of fighting terrorists. Please tell us when and where you got your expertise in any military matter---and we will not counting the Sgt Rock comic books. Just because Seal Team -6 got the honor and privilege of busting a cap in OBL's ass , don't forget some of the most covert operations are being carried out by the On second thought you don't have to answer any questions I might ask because I don't believe a single word that comes out of your pie hole. You yourself told me not to.

Quote from Sodbuster
Plus, you left out the quote where I told you not to believe anything I say here on the forum
n.

Jarhead my thoughts come from many military minds that have suggested that, that is the way we should have done it. You mention groups that would also, fall under the special units like DEVGRU (Air Force's special force units --The Army Green Berets & Rangers, and I think maybe the Force Recon Marines get to have a little fun on occasion.) Grunts are capable just not necessary. Sorry Jarhead just because you were a grunt in Vietnam and never served after doesn't make you any more of a general than I am.  You have been out too long and gotten too fat to ever use your military marine experience as any authority on anything military.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

jarhead

Oh but David, I wasn't a General, only a lowly Sergeant,

" not to believe anything I say here on the forum" is still in order here
One more thing Bonehead. Marines is always spelled with a capital "M", seeing as you like to point out other peoples mistakes.
It's OK, you don't have to thank me.

Warph

Holy shit, sodbuster... after that statement you better run for the hills.  Have you ever heard that saying, "Once a Marine, ALWAYS A MARINE."  My brother and my niece's husband, Gunny Pierce would take great offense at that, as I 'm sure Jarhead will.  Better start looking over your shoulder.  In the meantime, read the following:
http://www.marines.com/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=G_MARINE_CORPS_B#default

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sodbuster

Quote from: jarhead on September 30, 2011, 11:51:21 PM
Oh but David, I wasn't a General, only a lowly Sergeant,

" not to believe anything I say here on the forum" is still in order here
One more thing Bonehead. Marines is always spelled with a capital "M", seeing as you like to point out other peoples mistakes.
It's OK, you don't have to thank me.

I was talking to you and you don't deserve a capital M  for the kind of marine you are. And you can take that as the truth.

Bonehead aka Sodbuster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk