State Department: Don't Invade Privacy of Al Qaeda Cleric on CIA Kill List

Started by Warph, August 26, 2011, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

BTW if you actually believe that they did DNA testing on the body and did it in less than 12 hours, then you must be the most gullible person on the face of the earth.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

"When President Barack Obama made his dramatic Sunday night announcement that U.S. forces had located and killed Osama bin Laden inside Pakistan, one of the first questions many asked was: How could U.S. officials be so sure it was really bin Laden?

The answer came quickly. While the body was identified through photos and by bin Laden's wife, it was also the seemingly incontrovertible proof of DNA that gave officials such ironclad confidence in the dead man's identity. "Now, we can say with 99.9 percent confidence that this was bin Laden," John Brennan, assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism, said Monday. So why not complete confidence? While the body recovered from Pakistan is almost certainly bin Laden, a 100 percent identification is tougher than one might think.

It's true that DNA analysis that once required days or weeks can now be performed in less than 24 hours, particularly in high-profile cases such as this one. The process of extracting and purifying the DNA can be done in as little as a half-hour; then experts require a few hours to amplify, analyze and match it. The biggest piece of equipment needed is a genetic analyzer, a desk-size apparatus that weighs a couple hundred pounds (which could well explain why bin Laden's body had to be transported back to Afghanistan for identification).

Dan Krane, a professor of genetics and a DNA expert at Wright State University in Ohio, says modern-day rapid DNA tests can look at short tandem repeat sequences in the DNA. Tests that analyze these are indeed incredibly accurate, he says. The more closely related two people are, the more repeated patterns they will share."

Read more: Osama Bin Laden Dead - Accuracy of DNA Testing - Popular Mechanics
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/osama-bin-ladens-dna-how-sure-is-ninety-nine-point-nine-percent-sure-5680593
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Four Questions After the Death of Osama Bin Laden

The rejoicing surrounding the killing of Osama bin Laden this weekend is widespread, and justified. The long survival of the mass murderer and terrorist leader was a symbol of the limits of America's reach—and his death at the hands of a clandestine team of American special forces demonstrates that U.S. foreign policymakers do not easily forgive their sworn enemies. But amid the cheering, chanting and applause, serious questions must be asked about the future of the nation's anti-terrorism campaign. America's security is not defined by the death of a single man, no matter who he is. Here are four key questions for policy makers:

Read more: Osama Bin Laden Dead - Al Qaida Abbottabad Pakistan - Popular Mechanics
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/4-questions-after-the-death-of-osama-bin-laden-5676204
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 08, 2011, 09:43:52 PM
Steve ,Osama is dead. End of story.
Unlike you I am not naive enough to believe 1 word that obama and this corrupt administration says.  First of all he's a Marxist that practices saul alinsky rules.  Secondly i don't give a rats ass who your "reliable sources" are, they are not stupid enough to tell you the truth. Their lives hang in the balance of keeping what they know a secret.
Last of all, it is not the end, the end only comes when the proof is presented for evaluation OF WHICH it has not.  There is no body to see, nor is there any photographic evidence that can be verified as original or unaltered.  Until the proof aka body is presented, then he was not killed by team 6.

srkruzich

FURTHERMORE, your Reliable source is in violation of Military code of justice if they are in the military by even talking to you about it!   The source i know wouldn't comment either way and told me why. Its classified top secret and they have been in structed to not make any comment to verify or deny anything that went on. So i call either bullshit on your source, or your source is a criminal by violating the top secret order.

Diane Amberg

You can call bull all you want. I'm used to it, as are my sources.  Believing its all bull is actually a good thing. ( And what's YOUR security clearance?  ;))
By the way, since you chose to continue this thought, you actually did say Seal Team 6 was killed. Go back and look at what you actually said. Not some, not others, Seal Team 6.( reply# 27)  You guys love to pick apart every word I say, line by line. There's one for you to look at. :police: Frustrating ain't it?  ;D ;D ;D

kshillbillys

By MARTHA RADDATZ (@martharaddatz) , LUIS MARTINEZ (@LMartinezABC) and MIKE BOETTCHER

Aug. 6, 2011

A helicopter was shot down today by Afghan insurgents as it was rushing to aid troops in a firefight, killing 30 Americans, including 22 Navy SEALs, most of whom belonged to Team 6, the unit whose members were involved in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, U.S. officials said.

The Chinook helicopter was carrying a quick-reaction force to provide back-up to the troops on the ground in the eastern Afghan province of Wardak, a U.S. official said. After the crash, the forces that were involved in the firefight "broke contact" with the enemy so they could go provide perimeter security for the crash site, the official said.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 09, 2011, 12:05:45 PM
You can call bull all you want. I'm used to it, as are my sources.  Believing its all bull is actually a good thing. ( And what's YOUR security clearance?  ;))
By the way, since you chose to continue this thought, you actually did say Seal Team 6 was killed. Go back and look at what you actually said. Not some, not others, Seal Team 6.( reply# 27)  You guys love to pick apart every word I say, line by line. There's one for you to look at. :police: Frustrating ain't it?  ;D ;D ;D

Not at all and it was seal team 6 members that was killed. go look it up.  Secondly you knew as well as I do and everyone else that the members that went in and killed whoever was in that compound weren't killed because it was reported.  Third, again, wheres the proof osama was killed. They haven't offered any.  And DNA don't count cause the testing was done by those in charge, again no accountability from osama obama.

srkruzich

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0809/SEAL-Team-Six-Obama-honors-troops-killed-in-helicopter-crash

Washington

It is as sobering a duty as any for the commander in chief: bearing witness to the return of fallen servicemembers' remains at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.
Skip to next paragraph
Related stories

On Tuesday, President Obama cleared his schedule and made the 40-minute helicopter flight to Dover, where the remains of 30 servicemen – including 22 members of the elite Navy SEALs – were brought from Afghanistan. The men died Saturday when their Chinook helicopter was shot down by insurgents in the Tangi Valley of eastern Afghanistan. It was the deadliest day for US forces in the 10-year war.

SEAL TEAM 6 Doesn't fly in chinooks!   They use Modified MH-60 blackhawks.   They have the pick of equipment to use, and there wouldn't be a chance in hell that they would pick a chinook helo over a MH-60.   Not a chance.  Someone ordered them into that chinook.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk