Delinquent Property taxes in Elk and Chautauqua Counties

Started by Janet Harrington, August 24, 2011, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Interesting reading in the Prairie Star this evening which shows the list of delinquent property taxes in Elk and Chautauqua Counties.

It looks as if Chautauqua County has more people who owe back taxes than Elk County does, but I didn't count each one.

It is also interesting who is on that list. Just sayin.

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 24, 2011, 06:35:25 PM
Interesting reading in the Prairie Star this evening which shows the list of delinquent property taxes in Elk and Chautauqua Counties.

It looks as if Chautauqua County has more people who owe back taxes than Elk County does, but I didn't count each one.

It is also interesting who is on that list. Just sayin.

From what I see, read and hear, if we would collect delinquent monies owed for school fees, property taxes and uncollected fines, we might be on a good path.  Then, if we could get serious about cutting non-essential expenses in county, city and school operations... we might find ways to better pay for deserving employees and maybe even trim the tax bills a bit.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on August 24, 2011, 06:55:53 PM
From what I see, read and hear, if we would collect delinquent monies owed for school fees, property taxes and uncollected fines, we might be on a good path.  Then, if we could get serious about cutting non-essential expenses in county, city and school operations... we might find ways to better pay for deserving employees and maybe even trim the tax bills a bit.

I would be for better pay for DESERVING employees because everyone knows that Elk County does not pay very well.

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 24, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
I would be for better pay for DESERVING employees because everyone knows that Elk County does not pay very well.

Yes, but a very select few have a pretty good wage scale. Perhaps too good.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

David

Why pay for what I allready own!  Police protection. hell I own a pistol and a shotgun!  Better roads;  You could get better roads around here if the cow cut the path!  You charge taxes to shove it in the pockets of fat cats and to cater to the waste!  I don't mind spending money, just give me a road thats nots gonna destroy my vehicle!  Give me police protection unlike the past where they corrupt little girls!  And where the system itself is not so corrupt that you pray to puke!  I have no need for local government!  What a waste!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on August 24, 2011, 08:53:32 PM
Yes, but a very select few have a pretty good wage scale. Perhaps too good.

I haven't looked at county wages for so long that I really don't know what anyone who works for the county gets paid.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: David on August 24, 2011, 10:20:58 PM
Give me police protection unlike the past where they corrupt little girls! 

David, I am not sure what you are saying here. Send me a private message and explain this to me, please.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk