What happens when parents owe school districts money?

Started by Janet Harrington, August 24, 2011, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Awe, well, can't reveal my sources, now can I!

Now, the part about serving those children an alternative lunch, that's not right. I do not agree with that at all. Sometimes that hot meal at school is the only hot meal that child gets.

Of course, Jarhead, now that you have told me about this being said in executive session, it makes me wonder if the school district would even go after the parents in court. Because then it would be public knowledge and would not protect the child's privacy. I do care about the children. However; I don't get a damn about parents who won't pay their bills.

Thanks for telling me about the executive session, but, I couldn't say whether or not how I learned about the names came out of the executive session or not. Just saying.

readyaimduck

on that or not note.   I am going into executive session  of my own sleep, with or without you being tolld!

8)

ready ...and out

jarhead

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the "hidden agenda" of a couple of these threads. Two old sayings come to mind---"those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and the other "if you have shit on your shoes you shouldn't walk on a white carpet" ;)

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 24, 2011, 07:48:20 PM
Thanks for telling me about the executive session, but, I couldn't say whether or not how I learned about the names came out of the executive session or not. Just saying.

Of course, if a school employee (or board member) were releasing names and such out of school, so to speak, maybe the board should prepared to defend a privacy invasion suit.  Might be worth considering.  Loose lips can sink ships.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Do you really think that in a town as small as Longton that something like this wouldn't be generally known?  If even one employee outside of the executive meeting knows about it, others will, too.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on August 24, 2011, 09:31:03 PM
Do you really think that in a town as small as Longton that something like this wouldn't be generally known?  If even one employee outside of the executive meeting knows about it, others will, too.

And this makes the lack of integrity ok?  I think not.  Fire the offender post haste and enforce good standards in public empoyment.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

David

I just wondered what happened to the School Marm?  The days when things were placed on teaching the children and as a community they were raised right!  Fed and Educated!  I guess I am living in a fantasy land!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Wilma

But first, you have to find the offender.  How do you pick out one among a dozen whose knowledge comes from being inside the school system.  Where is this secret stopped?  With the person who keeps the books?  Can't stop there as his boss has to be informed.  Does it stop with the boss?  Probably not as he has to inform the board.  Even the cooks have knowledge of who is paid up or not paid up.  Try working inside the school house and you will find that there is very little that the cooks and the janitor don't know about what is going on.

What happened to the school marm?  Many, many years ago I was taught by a school marm.  I was fed from the lunch that I carried from home and I transported myself by my own two feet to the schoolhouse, it being only two miles from home and no school bus available.  Would that work today?  I think not.

redcliffsw

Is there a sidewalk or walking path from Howard to the West Elk school?

Janet Harrington

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk