The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: mtcookson on September 03, 2011, 01:33:43 AM
Unless there its some sort of actual health risk I personally wouldn't, its their property so its none of my business.

AMEN!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on September 03, 2011, 04:02:39 AM
Quote from Steve:
Sorry Steve.  You may want to check out K.S.A 79-501
If you deny access, then that is within your right also.  A courtesy call is  made if the taxpayer wishes it.

ready

Uhmm what has KSA 79-501 got to do with access?  It does not grant the appraiser carte blanc rights to access your property at his convenience. He still has to follow the constitution of which he has sworn to uphold.  Courtesy call?  My ass, he calls to make a appointment.  I realize that they have to have access to value property but they do not have the right to show up unannounced and without the owner present or at a time when the owner cannot accomodate them.

Lets put it this way.  IF they appraiser shows up and enters my property and my livestock gets a disease that kills them, I would sue his and the countys happy ass for breaching my bio-security on the farm.  There are disease that are carried in from farm to farm on peoples clothes shoes and whatever.   You can bet the county and the appraiser will foot the bill. 

Now i have better methods of keeping revenuers off my place. I haven't seen one yet that will argue with a beehive!

Jane

The bad thing about the falling down houses is they harbor varmits. That to me is a safe hazard.

readyaimduck

QuoteI realize that they have to have access to value property but they do not have the right to show up unannounced and without the owner present or at a time when the owner cannot accomodate them.

Yes they can.  Go to the Appraiser's office and ask Mrs. Spencer why they can measure your house without you there.
I do understand your opinion, Steve.  However, they are within the law of state intent to do their job.
ready

Mom70x7

Quote from: srkruzich on September 03, 2011, 06:55:42 AM
NO i'd be asking the owner if i could salvage that burned house for the lumber and whatever i could use. And i would pile up the "burned that was no good so that they could haul it off or i would just burn the burned pile for them.  You know they call this neighborly help!  INSTEAD OF Threats, intimidation, violation of constitutional rights, I would get something for my troubles, and they would get something too!

If you, or anyone else is interested, I know of a falling down garage/barn that was available a couple of months ago. Tear it down for the lumber and clearing the property. It's across the street south from us. We were offered it last summer, but didn't need the wood AND didn't have the time to do it.

srkruzich

Quote from: Jane on September 03, 2011, 07:19:02 AM
The bad thing about the falling down houses is they harbor varmits. That to me is a safe hazard.
well that can happen, but quite frankly varmints also live in sheds behind homes and barns and other buildings. 

I just shoot one when i see one.

Wilma

And right there you would be in trouble within the city limits of Howard.  You can't even shoot a BB gun or I would have one.  And there is a reason that you can't be shooting BB's.  Too many domestic animals hit, birds killed and broken windows. 

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on September 03, 2011, 07:30:01 AM
Yes they can.  Go to the Appraiser's office and ask Mrs. Spencer why they can measure your house without you there.
I do understand your opinion, Steve.  However, they are within the law of state intent to do their job.
ready

Again there's a error in the law. IT violates the 4th and 9th amendments if i remember correctly.

The Ninth Amendment has generally been regarded by the courts as negating any expansion of governmental power on account of the enumeration of rights in the Constitution, but the Amendment has not been regarded as further limiting governmental power.  

Basically they cannot expand government or use government to violate the 4th amendment of search and seizure.   They can request that i allow them to measure with me present.   One valid reason is that without me to witness the measurement, they could put any figure they wish on the document.   You see there is no validation of their information they collect.  I DO NOT TRUST ANY GOVERNMENT AGENT!  They are all subject to suspicion!

srkruzich

Quote from: Mom70x7 on September 03, 2011, 07:33:02 AM
If you, or anyone else is interested, I know of a falling down garage/barn that was available a couple of months ago. Tear it down for the lumber and clearing the property. It's across the street south from us. We were offered it last summer, but didn't need the wood AND didn't have the time to do it.

Well let me know via pm where it is. I  can't come get it at this moment, but when i get my 1 ton running in a week or two and i get my trailer that someones making me i'll be there with tools in hand to get as much as i can. I LOVE salvaging wood!  :D 

You have to understand i'm a craftsman. I use antique wood to make many things if i can get it.  I don't have a lot o money so i can't buy the wood to fuel my obsession with creating things out of wood. So i take any wood that is useable out of salvage. 

I have some of the old piedmont school in my shop that i am making some stuff out of it.  ITs hard as a rock so it takes a while to get something made but its gorgeous wood that has sat 90 years under a hot tin roof and baked all those years.   

IF my health holds out this fall, i'll be doing a lot more.  Last fall was miserable as i was constantly in the hospital over pancreas attacks.  Maybe this year will be a good year for me.

Wilma

I have always received a statement from the Appraiser showing what they have found, including the measurements of buildings.  If you disagree with what they have found, you can appeal it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk