The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

Quote from: Wilma on August 23, 2011, 06:41:14 PM
RE:  Trash cans left beside the street after trash pickup.

Why would anyone want to leave their trash can where it could blow around, get hit by traffic or used for target practice?  Why do some people not think about how their property looks when it is unkempt?  Why do some people wonder why property in Howard isn't worth much when they can see why nobody wants to buy it?

There is one little word that explains the reasons that the city wants the yards mowed and the trash cans put away between pickup days.  It is "PRIDE".  Pride in the appearance of your home.  Pride in the appearance of your community.  Pride that is visible to visitors.  Pride in your community that just might tempt outsiders to become insiders.

Excuse me, boys, but why are  you squabbling over the rules and regulations of a town that you don't live in?

How about maybe because someone setup their trashcans so that they don't blow around, or maybe they set it out and had to leave town for a little while, or maybe a hundred other reasons.

Pride? How about some pride for an excessive tax burden, absolute mismanagement of nearly every possible thing they can control, ridiculous laws that take away personal property and money (money is actually property by the way), laws that are only enforced on people they want them enforced on but not others (which is unconstitutional by the way)... shall I go on?

On pride in the appearance of the community, the City of Howard is doing an excellent job in that area by put down some fresh new roads... I mean, gravel roads... in town. Sure, they tried doing a "chip and seal" but did it so wrong that we are left with loose gravel roads that will likely tear up what was remaining of our paved roads and probably only last a few months. Michigan already has some bare spots where it looked more like a "dust and seal" job.

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on August 23, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
If Elk Konnected cares so much about appearance and physical image, you would think one of those steering members/owners could go help a disabled woman out with mowing their yard. That was the point being made!
Come on hillbilly you know executives don't do manual labor.
They could have found a follower to volunteer though, don't you think.
I forgot to enforce ordances.
Have a good night hillbillies, I'm out-a-here for the night.

David

Quote from: Patriot on August 23, 2011, 12:43:47 PM
I don't really think this thread was about good people helping neighbors in the first place.  I see it as more of an indictment of a small town government who are so arrogant as to believe that hammering the elderly for $75 to do a $10 mowing job is necessary at all. In a town the size of Howard are such 'enforcement' actions really necessary, or could someone with the city not found one of those helpers in the community?  Howard isn't, after all, New York City.... so why act like it?
This is just what it was about!  Thank you Patriot!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

David

Quote from: frawin on August 23, 2011, 12:46:53 PM
I will reserve answering that till I know what the whole story is on this. I still think there is more to that story than what has been said.
I think second guessing is not needed here!  This was and remains about an interned lady, house bound on a set income and the lack of commpassion this City offers and has always offered!  I am ashamed of the way they run things; however I am very proud of most of my neighbors who rise to the occasion!  May God Bless you all!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

David

Quote from: mtcookson on August 23, 2011, 05:20:52 PM
Apparently that grassy part of your yard, right next to the street, isn't your yard and you need to move your trashcan(s) away from it as soon as possible for.... whatever reason.

I suppose since its not my yard I don't have to mow it and they do. Will see how that goes if they call me about my trashcans. :laugh:
I am with you!  If they hold an eight foot right of easment, then that is their land and the should be responsible for the upkeep!

David

Quote from: Ross on August 23, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
You are such a jerk saying New york was figuratively speaking., and I doubt you are sorry about anything.
It could be any city, get it. We are not the city where you don't know your neighbor or the drug dealer next door.

You should apologize to Patriot if you have any sense.
He in my strong opinion is a far better person than you and I 'd far sooner trust him than you.
Ross, I am with you!  Don't let the asshats get you down!

David

Quote from: Ross on August 23, 2011, 05:34:00 PM
May the Lord forgive the moronic.
Can I get an amen on that.
Amen Brother, Amen!!!

David

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 23, 2011, 05:35:39 PM
   Watch out Ross , this thread could take over your beloved Elk County Handout!
Mr.  I don't know who you are, but it seems to me it would serve you well to stop picking on people and pull your head out of your ass!  You formulated opinions do not seem to be formulated in reason or logic!  If you cannot bring something possitive, then you may be better off closing your mouth!

mtcookson

Quote from: David on August 23, 2011, 09:28:39 PMMr.  I don't know who you are, but it seems to me it would serve you well to stop picking on people and pull your head out of your ass!  You formulated opinions do not seem to be formulated in reason or logic!  If you cannot bring something possitive, then you may be better off closing your mouth!

Unless they are making personal attacks or threats I see no reason they should stop talking... it helps make them look even more foolish. ;)

David

Quote from: mtcookson on August 23, 2011, 09:31:43 PM
Unless they are making personal attacks or threats I see no reason they should stop talking... it helps make them look even more foolish. ;)
Can we get another AMEN!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk