The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 22, 2011, 06:04:08 PM
Ross, if you do that, PM me and I will happily donate to the cause. This whole thing is disgusting, and one of the reasons I moved to Elk County in the first place. This is a big city tactic, uncaring and what is more it is uncaring. Where are the youth groups, and where are the churches? And where is the heart in this?  :'( :'(
No donations needed. My father had MS. and a sister had MS.
It is really a hard disease to live with and it is not out of pity that I offer my help.
I do it out of understanding. The law is one thing but coompassion should play a part.
I was raised in a dirt poor family and we did without a lot.
But we occassionally had a turkey show up on our porch for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
We had a farmer friend that would bring us a gallon of the finest raw milk in the land.
I have many times in my life remember those good folks when I have done for others.
My favorite orgnization to give to is the Salvation Army, I just can't walk by a bell ringer without giving.
I remember Christmas's with broken toy's from the Salvation Army when i was a kid. And the stocking with an orange and nut's and rock candy. No other organization can hold a candle to the Salvation Army in my books.
And their CEO only get's paid a modet wage, not 6 digits plus.

sodbuster

Thanks Mom. for the information. :)

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Diane Amberg

Ross ,that snipe at me was totally uncalled for. People and organized groups in and around your communities have been helping neighbors in need long before EK and long before you moved to Elk County! People have to speak up on behalf of those who could use help. If Al and I were nearby it would be a non issue.
I don't know why some of you have to get angry before anything happens.
   As I said, people who would be glad to help can't read minds! Does everything have to turn into some sort of rant? Is one person's donated time more righteous than someone else's?  If someone needs help and one of you know about it, do something yourself or pass the information along to those who can and will help. Thank you Ross for offering to help.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2011, 07:04:04 PM
Ross ,that snipe at me was totally uncalled for. People and organized groups in and around your communities have been helping neighbors in need long before EK and long before you moved to Elk County! People have to speak up on behalf of those who could use help. If Al and I were nearby it would be a non issue.
I don't know why some of you have to get angry before anything happens.
  As I said, people who would be glad to help can't read minds! Does everything have to turn into some sort of rant? Is one person's donated time more righteous than someone else's?  If someone needs help and one of you know about it, do something yourself or pass the information along to those who can and will help. Thank you Ross for offering to help.

Diane, this may be long overdue.... Stuff it!  You and Al aren't here, and little would change if you were.  Go lecture some local folks in your own neighborhood who might give a damn about how unrighteous they are and how good and gracious you and Al are.  Now...THAT was  snipe, even if I do say so myself.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

farmgal67357

Quote from: mtcookson on August 22, 2011, 04:39:52 PM

There are a ton of great people in this area but it seems like the irrational liberal disease is starting to spread around here and fast. Maybe I should just try running for a local office... :laugh:

DO IT!!!!!!! No laughing here......
Lisa ;D
Lisa

sodbuster

As a fomer Boy Scout, I recommend to any of you working on your Eagle Scout or the parents of a potential Eagle Scout to recommend taking on these blighted properties as your Eagle Scout Service project.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on August 22, 2011, 07:27:22 PM
As a fomer Boy Scout, I recommend to any of you working on your Eagle Scout or the parents of a potential Eagle Scout to recommend taking on these blighted properties as your Eagle Scout Service project.

David

While 'blighted' may be a bit pejorative, the suggestion is a great one!  Same for church youth groups, etc.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on August 22, 2011, 07:29:44 PM
While 'blighted' may be a bit pejorative, the suggestion is a great one!  Same for church youth groups, etc.

It was not meant as a pejorative more to a legal definition. I think you all get what I mean.

David

sixdogsmom

David, I don't think that there are any scout troops here anymore. There are however several church youth groups as well as mens groups affiliated with the churches. How about the local Howard Lions Club? I know that for a time they were cleaning yards. Bill Bishoff or Knut Shaad might be able to help. Again, Ross, PM me and I will happily donate a little money toward the cause, not out of pity but as a pay forward in this life. I may need help myself someday.

P.S, What about the FFA guys or the 4H groups?
Edie

Catwoman

What about the Fellowship of Christian Athletes?  Aren't there any highschoolers involved in that anymore?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk