The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: greatguns on August 22, 2011, 04:35:36 PM
Instead of giving Ek Konnect or anyone else Hell, why don't you volunteer to help someone.
I do frequenntly, thank you.

Patriot

Quote from: mtcookson on August 22, 2011, 04:39:52 PM
... or I'll just end up leaving.

Leaving or giving in are the ultimate high octane fuels for those who would seek to arrogantly control the lives of others.  Hang in there.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

sodbuster

Back when I lived in Kansas this lady's yard would have  been cut long before the city was going to fine her. Today, it would not happen in my neighborhood.

I challenge all my forum members to pledge $10. I know we can come up with $75 dollars to pay someone to do it or give it to the City to do it, provided they take no legal action against her. Kind of a payment in liu of fine (PILOF). Give me an address to send my money order to and I will do it tomorrow morning. I was going to send out for pizza tonight, now I will just make it myself.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Or maybe one of the fine youth in the community would do the deed as a value lesson in civics and community service.

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on August 22, 2011, 05:11:13 PM
Or maybe one of the fine youth in the community would do the deed as a value lesson in civics and community service.

I could not agree with you more Patriot. In my day there would have been a whole lot of parents that would have made sure the kids did it and then would have had them go into her house to talk to her to see what else she need done.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on August 22, 2011, 05:13:24 PM
I could not agree with you more Patriot. In my day there would have been a whole lot of parents that would have made sure the kids did it and then would have had them go into her house to talk to her to see what else she need done.

And then came cell phones and self-indulgent parents.

Ross

Can someone send me a name and address and I will try to go to Howard tomorrow.
I sure hope it doesn't need a brush hog.
Send info by private message and phone number if possible.
I would not want to show up and scare her to death.
What size yard does she have?

sixdogsmom

Ross, if you do that, PM me and I will happily donate to the cause. This whole thing is disgusting, and one of the reasons I moved to Elk County in the first place. This is a big city tactic, uncaring and what is more it is uncaring. Where are the youth groups, and where are the churches? And where is the heart in this?  :'( :'(
Edie

sodbuster

Ross, you are indeed a good man. I had been stewing on this all day, infuriated, that no one was helping. Thanks Ross for stepping up to the plate. Maybe now that people know of her situation they could take Patriot's statement that it is a civics lesson for the kids. I bet she would love to have visitors and the kids could learn much from her. I see no downside on this. There may even be a business in it for some young hardworking entrepenuer since there may be other yards in need of this kind of care.

David

Mom70x7

Quote from: David on August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM
A city threat against a lawn to long!!!  There is a lady in Howard that suffers from Multiple sclerosis!   The city says cut your grass or we will cut it and charge you 75.00 to do it!  She is just about wheelchair bound and they know it!!!  You evil fucks, I cut her grass even though I am sick and have to many things to do!  I guess my question is;  What ever happened to compassion, what ever happened to neighbors!  This city is only interested in its self!  Mr Mayor I feel for you, if this is how you run a city, then I feel for your family!

Guys - I interpret this to mean the grass has already been cut. People offering to help is what makes Elk County good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk