The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on August 23, 2011, 04:51:21 PM
There was NO slight against the good people of NYC in the above quote. I read it as a point that HOWARD is NOT NYC, so why try to enforce some of the stupidest codes and laws like it is?

In fact, the only "slights" I see in your postings are slights against people right here in Elk County. Yet you want to  :'( because you felt he was "slighting" NYC? SOSDD from you as well, Heifer.

Ronnie, no, I'm sure a lot of people don't know the Patriot we know, or they wouldn't say the things about him that they say and try to paint him as a monster and then turn around and call him infantile...go figure!  :P
May the Lord forgive the moronic.
Can I get an amen on that.

Hefe de vaca

Watch out Ross , this thread could take over your beloved Elk County Handout!

kshillbillys

A lot of it is hand in hand, Jefe!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Hefe de vaca

Quote from: Ross on August 23, 2011, 05:34:00 PM
My the Lord forgive the moronic.
Can I get an amen on that.

Amen, My the Lord ::)

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 23, 2011, 05:35:39 PM
   Watch out Ross , this thread could take over your beloved Elk County Handout!
You cant deal with that thread can you?

mtcookson

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 23, 2011, 05:31:57 PMIf you were to measure your lot, you would find that you own to the sidewalk, but you are required to maintain the area in front of your lot, the ditch. It has been that way for quite some time. Part of living in a city. You don't own the alley either, and blocking it constitutes a fire hazard. Howards ordinances don't differ from any other city. Why put your trash on the street anyway? So the dogs that are running loose can string it everywhere? Now there's an ordinance that needs enforcing, the leash law.

No issue with the alley. I don't put my trash on the street, I put it in my yard... you know, the grassy part NEXT to the street. I'm sure I pay taxes to, if not into, the street. If they have such a problem with the trashcans they can use some of the money they get from me and maintain their property themselves, I'm not dealing with their crap any more.

Wonder what they'll do... confiscate my trashcans or maybe just fine me... hmm... :police:

Janet Harrington

Quote from: kshillbillys on August 23, 2011, 05:25:27 AM
Di
P.S. Once upon a time, Wilma had complained about the johnson grass at the county yard looking horrible and I remember her and a certain county commissioner on here discussing it. That same county commissioner stated that she went down and mowed around the county yard, just to make Wilma happy. (Even though no one that works down at the county yard remembers her mowing)..Where is that District 2 County Commissioner in this? Why didn't she feel "the need" to go help by mowing this womans' yard? Not close enough to election time?

You know what. My husband and Mary Harrod used to mow around the county yard. Jim mowed the east and north side and Mary mowed the south side. That all stopped when someone from the road/weed department wrote "F**K YOU" in the grass using weed killer on the east side of the county yard. Jim and Mary both quit mowing that grass. So take that attitude about the county commissioner going down and mowing around the county yard just to make Wilma happy and stick up your ass. I am sick and tired of your self righteous crap, especially when it comes to my mother.

As for Liz Hendricks mowing around the county yard, I don't believe it. Show me a picture that she did. I can tell you a county worker mows it now because I have seen it.

Hefe de vaca

Well , you may not know where the sidewalk is , because there is no sidewalk in many areas, ::) . However , most streets are calculated as 60 Feet, so , 30 feet from the center of the road is where your property begins, but you have to maintain the grassy area you speak of. A good question is why the city mows some of said property and not all, especially since you can't mow some of the ditch area without a weedeater. Once we get curb and gutter streets that will not be an issue, but do you want to pay for that? ;)

kshillbillys

Excuse me Janet...I don't believe for a minute that Liz Hendricks goes and mows anything at the road department. That is what SHE wrote on this forum! So excuse you, I was trying to make a point that she said she mowed down there. And yes it was said that she did it for your mother so your mother wouldn't have to look at it anymore (but she didn't think she would be able to get them to plant any flowers). So therefore, I was NOT trying to be self righteous about YOUR mother and I will not stick a damned thing up my ass!

As for whoever wrote that in the grass, I don't believe anyone from the county was EVER found guilty on that. It was suggested that some kids had done it. So don't be accusing people without proof.

From Liz Hendricks:

General Category / The Coffee Shop / Re: Wishes That Will Never Come True

on: May 10, 2009, 08:59:19 pm

Wilma - I agree - I wish the county yard was outside the city limits and we only had ONE to deal with - a centralized road shop.  Last year because you commented on the condition of the county road shop, I personally mowed the ditches my self twice atleast.  I know the guys should do it, but I guess I would rather have them on a blade rather than a lawnmower.  Besides I have nothing else to do.  However, I don't think flowers will be growing anytime soon.  But I will see what we can do about the appearance of it.  And yes residents do live around the other two shops also.  They just haven't found the forum yet.

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Hefe de vaca

Ease up Janet, we all know where they get their jollies. Your family gets the utmost of respect from this sector. No convincing the "Howard Haters" otherwise. This thread just gave them something new to jump on, since their other thread is Dyyyyyinggggg.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk