The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Since there seems to be a clash between the ordinances in Howard that pertain to blight, maybe there can be some kind of solution. I certainly understand how these ordinances come about, as you can drive through so many communities that look more like a trash heaps than a group of homes. Those with citizens concerned with the appearance of their community as a whole have supported and in many instances succeeded in getting a group of local ordinances passed that improved life as they saw it. Most of these ordinances do not however, allow for cases such as the lady mentioned in this thread. There should really be some kind of process that involves a third party to help resolve these cases. Perhaps a member of the local clergy or the elders of one of the local churches might be named as an unpaid volunteeer to act as ombudsman who works to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of all. As a member of the community this person should know what kind of services might be available for assistance if needed. Notice I said "If needed". All of us know people who just do not care what their property looks like no matter what. And for them the ordinances are in place.  ???
Edie

David

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 27, 2011, 08:32:35 PM
Since there seems to be a clash between the ordinances in Howard that pertain to blight, maybe there can be some kind of solution. I certainly understand how these ordinances come about, as you can drive through so many communities that look more like a trash heaps than a group of homes. Those with citizens concerned with the appearance of their community as a whole have supported and in many instances succeeded in getting a group of local ordinances passed that improved life as they saw it. Most of these ordinances do not however, allow for cases such as the lady mentioned in this thread. There should really be some kind of process that involves a third party to help resolve these cases. Perhaps a member of the local clergy or the elders of one of the local churches might be named as an unpaid volunteeer to act as ombudsman who works to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of all. As a member of the community this person should know what kind of services might be available for assistance if needed. Notice I said "If needed". All of us know people who just do not care what their property looks like no matter what. And for them the ordinances are in place.  ???
Ma'am you are windy!  You certainly take the long way around the barn!  Things are simple if you look at them that way!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

sixdogsmom

No, these things can never be simple! Windy???? I think that this is the very first post that I have made on this thread.  :-\
Edie

David

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 27, 2011, 10:58:38 PM
No, these things can never be simple! Windy???? I think that this is the very first post that I have made on this thread.  :-\
Yes, but it was sure a long one!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Ms Bear

And every word of it made sense.

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 27, 2011, 08:32:35 PM

Honestly the simplest solution and the only correct solution is to abolish the ordinances.  They are in direct conflict with constitutional property rights!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Mom70x7

Quote from: Ross on August 27, 2011, 02:42:11 PM
I personally believe the only thing true about the whole story is the fact that the lady has MS.
And I say this because of what I was told by a lady who claims to know more than I do.
And I consider her a reliable source. I however am not at liberty to digress further.

If what I have heard is really true the shame is on David in my humble opinion.

I don't appreciate being jerked around like this and I'm sure you don't either.

Oh dear, Oh dear.  ;)

Ross, I agree with you!  :D

I received additional information - oh me, oh my. You'll not hear this very often, but . . .

Ross, you are right!

Ross

Quote from: Mom70x7 on August 28, 2011, 09:38:09 AM
Oh dear, Oh dear.  ;)

Ross, I agree with you!  :D

I received additional information - oh me, oh my. You'll not hear this very often, but . . .

Ross, you are right!
Thank you for confirming.
I felt my source to be a very honest lady or I would not have said a word.
I don't like being played as I am sure you don't either.

Wilma

It is nice to know that what I suspected at the beginning of this thread is true.  It just didn't seem plausible to me.  Cities or in this case, towns do seem to me dictatorial sometimes, but there is always a good reason behind it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk