Most of you will appreciate this and a couple of you will not...

Started by Warph, August 17, 2011, 05:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

I was surprised to learn that Agana, the capital of Guam, changed its name to Hagatna.

Lots of us went through Guam coming or going to South Vietnam.

I cannot recall though, whether we stopped to refuel in Agana or at Anderson AFB on the island.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

I think I may have mentioned this before but one of Mom's cousins was a civilian military employee and spent years on Guam, most of it during Viet Nam. She retired to Hawaii but is sadly gone now. She was the best tour guide when we visited.
   Lisa, didn't mean to make you think so hard, but that's why I asked if you could name them all. It was set up so hopefully one of you would catch it. If I had included Puerto Rico and left out one of the lesser known ones, like the Northern Marianas, it might not have been picked up.  Just me in one of my light hearted silly moods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk