water use

Started by oldfart, August 18, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

We got rain in Texas tonight.  Not a lot but enough to wet the ground and clean the air.  Maybe we will get more tomorrow.

Judy Harder

My rain gauge has 2 inches in it.........and I didn't accidently fill it when I watered..........was at the softball game and when it started lightening and raining I came home, so did most people leave. Did not go back, and with all the rain falling I would bet they postponed the rest.
Not going back this morning. Going to church and not sure I can handle the bleachers I have to climb to get to scorekeepers table/hut. Will see when I go down after church.
Unless they put the books down on grown, this will be my last year.
You can't believe how sore my legs are and eyes are fighting with vision..........LOL I will go watch games and support the ball association. but I will see if I ge a second or third wind. I have had to use backspacing three times typing this, bet my eyes would cross if I tried to keep stats now.
It is so much fun getting "Over-the-Hill" I refuse to say...............OLD!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Tain't for sissies is it? ;)

sixdogsmom

There is 1/2 inch of rain in the gauge this morning, and it is cool enough that the flies are not bothering, so I have the back door propped open. Just like ambrosia all that natural cool air!  :D :D
Edie

Ms Bear

A friend of mine from England says that if you put a mint plant outside by the door the flies won't come in the house.  Don't know if it works or not but am going to try it.

jarhead

Ms Bear,
If you drink a pint of PepperMINT schnapps you won't care if flies are in your house or not. ;D

sixdogsmom

Some time ago, it was posted on the forum about using shiny pennies in a plastic bag of water around a door to repel flies. Did anyone ever try it?
Edie

Ms Bear

You are so right, Jarhead.  I wouldn't have a care in the world.

Don't know if the pennies in the bag of water work or not but know a lot of people that say they do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk