water use

Started by oldfart, August 18, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Funny was the point,nothing else. :-*

PrehistoricRez

If Howard is in stage 1 water warning, and residents are told to conserve water, ie, not water grass, dont wash car, then why is it ok to go to the car wash next to the gas station and put your 1.25 in and wash your car there?

Wilma

For the same reason that it is still OK to get your water from the dispenser.  You pay for it.  Besides the car wash is a privately owned business.  Why aren't you asking about the laundromat?  We do still have one, don't we?  I haven't heard that businesses have been asked to cut down on their water usage even though I would bet that most of them have.  I doubt that it takes any more water to wash a car at the car wash than it does to do your family laundry.  Actually, the person that is using the car wash instead of doing it the old fashioned way at home, is using less water.  The request to not wash your cars is just that, a request.

Diane Amberg

Some car washes recycle the water, does that one? I don't think wash water at the laundry can be recycled can it? Usually businesses do get hit last because it's someone's living...IMHO

Wilma

I doubt if this one recycles.  Recycling wasn't a big thing when this one was built.

Diane Amberg

I was really hoping Lee would send you some water but I guess that's not going to happen.

Ms Bear

It doesn't look like we are going to get any of it here either.  When I came home this afternoon I noticed that the big Logustrum in my yard has a lot of dead leaves.  Hope I don't lose it, think it has been here almost as long as the house, I know it was here when I moved here over 30 years ago.

At least it is supposed to be in the 90's for the high this weekend.

farmgal67357

What's a Logustrum? And I have a bush out front that has small, pretty purple flowers on it and I have no idea what it is. More yard work will be done once it finally cools off!
Lisa
Lisa

Judy Harder

Lisa, could it be a Rose of Sharon?
All of those bushes are producing up a storm right now.
About the only thing that has! been doing what it is suppose to
this year.
One of the poorest growing season's I have had........of course, gives us all something
to shoot for next year.
I hope the rainfall picks up or we just might have to learn how to grow sagebrush or heaven forbid, cactus.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

srkruzich

Quote from: Judy Harder on September 03, 2011, 03:48:28 AM
Lisa, could it be a Rose of Sharon?
All of those bushes are producing up a storm right now.
About the only thing that has! been doing what it is suppose to
this year.
One of the poorest growing season's I have had........of course, gives us all something
to shoot for next year.
I hope the rainfall picks up or we just might have to learn how to grow sagebrush or heaven forbid, cactus.

Just pray it rains a lot.  I need flowers badly for my bees
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk