water use

Started by oldfart, August 18, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

I had heard about the beetle and thought the guy telling me was shittin" me!!!    And now the deal with washing trucks? I have some Elk Falls dirt on my pickup, do I need to wash it before coming up to Mom"s house to pick tomatos!!
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

doobie

here is an idea to save some of the water for the city of Howard-----have the windmill company bring in their own water to wash off the trucks-------------------oh crap,,,,,then you would have outside water washing off outside dirt making a whole new outside liquid to deal with---------------------------------oh welll, back to the drawing board
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Diane Amberg

If you all are talking about the wheel wash business, I'm surprised it would affect you all because you aren't in any way urban. Here, it has to do with air quality issues near quarries and gravel pits and not letting mud from construction sites be tracked onto roads to make them slippery. The plant and bug invasion problem is also true for some sensitive areas. Some places the water is indeed filtered and recycled ,not sure that's universal though. In some areas it makes total sense ,but not all.

srkruzich

I'll be glad when the republicans take the white house and the senate.  Then we can shut the epa down or severely restrict its interference as well as get rid of these intrusive rules.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

doobie

Dom"t get me wrong, I'm thrilled to death about the commerce that Howard and the area are already getting from the workers, etc. but the rules that go with it are laffable.

Mom70x7

Hey, guys -

By all means, not all the trucks that come back into town are washed. At least not at Harrod's on West Washington. I can see the trucks turning the corner and heading east, not stopping until they reach the Wabash stop sign. Occasionally I'll see a couple of trucks stopped at Harrod's (never did know why), but the majority of trucks come straight through.

jarhead

quote from Teresa:
one being a certain kind of beetle bug that they are afraid that they are going to "run over" ... so NO trucks can get off the road at all...

Uh Teresa, You suppose it could be the "dung beetle" considering where the trucks have been ?I'm joking, calm down !!

flintauqua

American Burrying Beetle

http://www.fws.gov/southwest/es/Oklahoma/beetle1.htm

Present in Elk County, because all of the engineering for Elk County RWD 2 and the Public Wholesale Water District No. 20 (Quivira Lake) had to take it into account.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Hefe de vaca

They aren't washing trucks, they are washing excavating equipment, dozers, trackhoes, loaders,etc, that are loaded with dirt from where ever they were used last and it is packed in their undercarriage. Again, I ask, why isn't it cleaned when they load it for transport?

The beetle is only one of many of the environmental concerns. The #1 concern in this project was the prairie chicken. I don't think any of you want to see our flora and fauna disrupted by construction . What brought down the aliens in "War of the Worlds" ? The common cold. Not so far fetched an idea in these times. What's killing the honeybees? Smaller organisims and bacteria. One thing that our  kids  have chosen to study that has shown results, and raised some red flags.

Hefe de vaca

You are right about the vehicles trailing mud onto roadways , Diane. A big fine here as well in urban areas. Also, any soil that is disturbed has to be protected from migration with weir dams , straw beds, rip rap, whatever it takes to keep it in place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk