Rick Perry and Confederate Plates in Texas....

Started by redcliffsw, August 17, 2011, 11:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Bonnie Blue was the flag flown in 1861.  after that was the stars n bars which is not the flag that is the controversial flag that they are all up in arms about. The flag they are up in arms about is the Tennessee battle flag which is not the confederate flag.   

This is the confederate flag.   

This is the official confederate flag that came after bonnie blue.

this is the controversial flag called the tennessee battle flag.  Also called the dixie flag.  This is the one everyone has their panties in a wad over
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Quote from: farmgal67357 on August 21, 2011, 06:20:13 PM
Right now our country has more things to worry about than Texas license plates.  Doesn't displaying the Confederate flag (except for soldier's memorials) amount to turning your back on the flag of the United States? So you still agree with the Confederate idea of government, but not the government you say our American flag represents? The flag stays, the government can be voted in or out. For me, the flag is tied to our Constitution, not the "government" we have now.
Lisa
It's not that I agree with the NAACP. I just think the Confederate flag has it's place, in history.

Texas Confederate license plates is an issue.  We're watching to see which way Perry lands on this one.  If he fails to support the Confederate license plates, he probably won't keep his stand on other issues either.  We'll see...

The Confederate flag has it's rightful place right here in the USA.  The Confederate men served in the last American military to fight for the Constitution.     

Diane Amberg

Steve, I knew what Bonnie Blue is, I knew what the real Stars and Bars are/were and the only difference is what you call the Tennessee Battle Flag I know as the N.Virginia Battle flag. I don't call that being way off. Having traveled all my life and having been to many, many local museums on our travels, I've seen and learned a lot.  Now if you want to argue with Virginia over that battle flag that's up to you. ;) Your second flag shown is the real "Stars and Bars". I assume you know who Bonnie Blue Butler was?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2011, 09:10:47 AM
Steve, I knew what Bonnie Blue is, I knew what the real Stars and Bars are/were and the only difference is what you call the Tennessee Battle Flag I know as the N.Virginia Battle flag. I don't call that being way off. Having traveled all my life and having been to many, many local museums on our travels, I've seen and learned a lot.  Now if you want to argue with Virginia over that battle flag that's up to you. ;) Your second flag shown is the real "Stars and Bars". I assume you know who Bonnie Blue Butler was?

Of course.  Gone with the Wind is required reading for all southerners! 

HERE is a original tennessee battle flag.  If i had the money i would probably buy it!

http://historical.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=642&lotNo=25479&type=prte-pr110106a

The virginia flag is just like the Beauregard design  http://historical.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=642&lotNo=25477&type=prte-pr110106a

farmgal67357

Yep, I admit it. I learned something about Confederate flags today. ;D Thanks Steve!
Lisa
I did know the reference to Bonnie Blue Butler, but must admit, it was from the movie! My hubby is the reader in the family.
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: redcliffsw on August 22, 2011, 05:15:31 AM
Texas Confederate license plates is an issue.  We're watching to see which way Perry lands on this one.  If he fails to support the Confederate license plates, he probably won't keep his stand on other issues either.  We'll see...

The Confederate flag has it's rightful place right here in the USA.  The Confederate men served in the last American military to fight for the Constitution.     

But what if he believes, like me, that the flag only belongs certain places, and license tags isn't one of those places? Are you going to label him a Liberal? Maybe the NAACP isn't an issue to him. I guess I should ask if he previously approved of those tags. *BIG SIGH* Politics..... :-\
Lisa
Lisa

srkruzich

Quote from: farmgal67357 on August 22, 2011, 07:13:34 PM
But what if he believes, like me, that the flag only belongs certain places, and license tags isn't one of those places? Are you going to label him a Liberal? Maybe the NAACP isn't an issue to him. I guess I should ask if he previously approved of those tags. *BIG SIGH* Politics..... :-\
Lisa
LIsa the reason for everyone and their brother getting a license plate for their group is that the fees attached to the plates go to that group.  I think a normal tag might cost 20.00 but a confederate or a SPCA plate would cost 30 dollars.  IN the case of the humane society, most states take the extra and send it to the humane society to preform low cost or free spay and neuter.  The confederate fees would go to preserving the history and the sites.  Thats why it is important. It tends to be easier to get people to send in money if they get something in return, and printing a flag on the plate doesn't increase the cost.  Just attaches a extra value.  In these economic times civil war sites are getting hit hard.  And folks just don't think of donating to these causes. BUt when they see something they like they usually can cough up the extra 10 bucks.

srkruzich

Quote from: farmgal67357 on August 22, 2011, 07:13:34 PM
Lisa

BTW NAACP has outlived its usfulness. It has become what it preaches against. It is one of the most racist organizations out there. 
ALong with rainbow coalition and jesse jackson. The leaders are all cut from the same cloth!

farmgal67357

Quote from: srkruzich on August 22, 2011, 09:18:57 PM
BTW NAACP has outlived its usfulness. It has become what it preaches against. It is one of the most racist organizations out there. 
ALong with rainbow coalition and jesse jackson. The leaders are all cut from the same cloth!

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I can't believe they still call themselves "colored" people.
Lisa
Lisa

W. Gray

Most people think of Colorado license plates as the white mountains on a green background. Supposedly most everyone recognizes these plates as for Colorado even though they might not see the state name.

I have read that there are around 104 different Colorado plates of varying colors.

In addition to vanity plates with your name on them or some other name, they include 31 different types of plates for people who have been in the military, 13 university plates, for the 13 universities in Colorado, and a bevy of choices for special interest groups.

Even Italian-Americans can get their own plate.

All of these cost some bucks on top of the normal tag cost.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk