Been enough Fightin'

Started by David, August 23, 2011, 10:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045883/

Time for a John Wayne Movie!  I am watching Hondo!  How about you?  Thank you all for your love and support, your consise commentary and your visious attacks!  An open forum is the best, good honest debate and maybe a little name calling where needed!  Rest well my friends and may the rest of you have your nights filled with nightmares of brain eating Zombies, they only love liberal brains, seasoned with a little garlic of course!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Diane Amberg

Well then at least the zombies will get a meal. Ya open up the head of an ultra conservative....empty! :angel:

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 25, 2011, 10:21:47 AM
...an ultra conservative...

And how, exactly, does a non-liberal, non-conservative, moderate, independent, middle of the roader like yourself define 'ultra-conservative.  For that matter, define the political conservative for us.  What, precisely, do you think conservatives seek to conserve?

I heard that if one wasn't a liberal in their early years that they had no heart, but if they hadn't become conservative by their 40s, they had no brain.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

How? They are so far to the right they are falling off the coast. ;D  But that's OK, I get to poke the ultra left too! Seriously ,I think the conservatives have good hearts and truly want what's best, whatever that is, but many don't seem to grasp the complications and intertwining of this country internally and  then it's relationship with trading partners in the world and the complications of our messed up economy. There are no easy fixes. What would help one sector hurts another. As long as big money talks and it always has, certain conservative ideas will never happen because the big business, banking and rich, powerful interests will make sure it doesn't. They for the most part don't care about the Constitution unless it benefits themselves. Al could discuss this much better than I because he knows economic history inside and out and how the robber barons worked,and how it seems the middle class is about to disappear with some at the top getting richer while the poor get poorer, especially the working poor. As much as politics interests me, I also hate it because it hurts so many people.

Hefe de vaca

There has surely been enough fightin' . Good post David.

David

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 25, 2011, 03:16:05 PM
      There has surely been enough fightin' . Good post David.
Thank you Sir!  Lets all watch a good movie!  Don't get no better than The Duke!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

David

Time for another!!!  Rooster Cogburn and the Lady!  Good Movie!  May God bless you all!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk