what has happened folks?

Started by readyaimduck, August 10, 2011, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

I copied and pasted this...and yes, the original was in a Caps Shouting talk (computer converstation).

DON'T CARE WHO I OFFEND WITH THIS. I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL! MY GENERATION GREW UP RECITING THIS EVERY MORNING IN SCHOOL WITH HAND ON HEART. THEY NO LONGER DO THAT FOR FEAR OF OFFENDING SOMEONE!

It is my opinion that we have gone 'pamsy mamsy' or however it is said over things that is true to my heart.
How many schools still do this or the county meetings?  I know the 4-H clubs still do, or I hope they do.
And, the second question is:
Why are we so thin skinned that we even hav to address this??
and this is what I came up with...
Unfortunetly (sp), the ones we are offending are in charge, (and I use that term charge lightly) otherwise this wouldn't be an issue. And, why are we now being sensitive to the pollitically correct people police?

I guess i am an old fogey, however I am proud of it!

readyaimduck

okay that was 3 questions...so now I am answering  myself!   :-[

srkruzich

Personally i don't care if i offend. :D  If i haven't offended someone at least once a day i'm not doing my job right.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

You know, Steve I  try not offend....however they get in my beliefs and face.....and it just comes out!   :o
Then, I go to sleep for the evening!   Sort of like this  foum!   

I LOVE a good discussion..
as long as they agree with me. 

;D

Warph

Ready, you are starting to make sense  :laugh:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

What schools do not say the pledge each day? All ours do here. Proof please? Urban legend or gossips trying to stir up trouble?
We have the pledge and a prayer from our Chaplin at our fire company meetings.
I know one school board downstate that made the papers because they have the pledge and a prayer at the beginning of their meetings. The reporter was trying to get something started and it failed. I think you'll find in most cases it's organized atheist groups trying to get their share of attention who try to cause trouble.

Mom70x7

The Pledge is said daily at West Elk, and at each school board meeting.

larryJ

It's early and I got confused there for a moment.  I know prayers are no longer said in school, with the exception of church sponsored pre-schools.  But, as far as I know, the pledge is recited in my granddaughter's class each day.  I am unaware of any schools around here that don't say the pledge each morning.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

W. Gray

http://undergod.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000074

The table at the bottom of this web site has Pledge of Allegiance for schools information.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk