TOMPKINS, Wanda L. (Myers) - b. February 12, 1931 - d. August 5, 2007

Started by Janet Harrington, August 08, 2007, 07:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the Flint Hills Express, Aug. 8, 2007, page 3)

Wanda L. Tomkins, age 76, passed away Sunday, Aug. 5, 2007 at her home in Papillion, Neb.  She was born Feb. 12, 1931 in Grenola.

Services will be held Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2007, at 10:30 a.m. at Wildewood Christian Church, Papillion, Neb.  Interment is at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Omaha, Neb.  Visitation was Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2007 at Kahler-Dolce Mortuary, Papillion, Neb. from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. with family receiving friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.  Memorials will go to the church.

(I will try to get a more detailed obit as I believe I know Mrs. Tomkins son-in-law.)

Jo McDonald

What family ties did she have to Mary Ann Tompkins ?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

I don't know.  Her son-in-law's name is Leonard and his last name starts with an S.  I see him when he comes down from Nebraska to do some farming.  I'm hoping I can get a full obit from him.  I couldn't find it on-line anywhere.  Maybe it will be in next weeks Flint Hill Express.

kfclark

I curious to know if she has ties to Virginia (Morgan) and Harold D.Tompkins, Carl and Curtis Morgan's sister and brother-in-law?
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

flo

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 09, 2007, 07:23:25 PM
I don't know.  Her son-in-law's name is Leonard and his last name starts with an S.  I see him when he comes down from Nebraska to do some farming.  I'm hoping I can get a full obit from him.  I couldn't find it on-line anywhere.  Maybe it will be in next weeks Flint Hill Express.

That would probably most likely be Leonard Szatko
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

I think Mary Ann and Harold were siblings.  I may be wrong, but it seems that I remember that from the late 40's.  Mary Ann and  Lucy Bowman Criger were good friends in high school.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Quote from: flo on August 10, 2007, 07:56:16 AM
Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 09, 2007, 07:23:25 PM

That would probably most likely be Leonard Szatko

That is the Leonard I'm thinking of.

patyrn

Wanda L. Tompkins is the sister-in-law of Harold Tompkins and Mary Ann Tompkins.  Wanda was married to their brother, Arlys Tompkins.

Wanda Tompkins's maiden name was Myers, and she was born in Grenola, Kansas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk