We Need Something Cold

Started by Wilma, August 07, 2011, 02:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

I never run out of ice cream. I buy it iin 1/2 gallon (or what they call half gallon) and figure that is four bowls.
once upon a time, I could eat a pint all by myself and usually called that a meal.
My favorite is Brown Bread, altho the only place I can find it anymore is in Topeka at a Frozen Yoghurt store.........this is grape nuts in vanilla ice cream. Use to love Peter Pan's version.
Tin Roof Sundae is my choice of flavors just lately.
Vanilla with peanut butter sauce on it is what I eat when I can't get Tin Roof. and I do make my own sundaes. banana's and cashews and what ever I want.
Don't have to share and most time when I have it I am at computer or watching tv.
Oh, when I was recovering from Radiation and Chem-o therapy, Ice Cream helped me by tempting me to eat and at one time I needed extra calories (lost 84 pounds and my appitite, nothing tasted right, fried taste buds and no spit) and you can add so much to ice cream to increase calories. Sorry about writing an essay, but I LOVE ICE CREAM!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Roma Jean Turner

I have always craved a good fudge bar when I don't feel well. My best friend had a box of them at the nurses station for me because the only that sounded good to me when I could eat after the surgery was a fudge bar.

doobie

Schwann root beer float bars. They remind me of the floats that you used to get at Batson"s back in the 60's.  Squirt and I would get a root beer float there and sit in the front window and consume them while reading comic books. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH the GOOD OLD DAYS.  If I remember at one time Teresa worked there!!
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Diane Amberg

Judy, I never heard of "brown bread".That's a neat name. We have a creamery near us that makes lots of flavors from their own Jersey cows in the field next door.  (Woodside Farms)They come up with wonderful odd combos too including one called "motor oil". They have a grand selection all the time and then make the special odd ones from time to time. ( bacon!)
   We used to make freezers full of our own every summer, but now with no family left here it's not worth the work. All your favorites folks are making me want ice cream right now.

Teresa

I never worked at Batsons...
I worked in Winn's cafe as a waitress and as a nurses aid in the Nursing home..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Ms Bear

When my husband was taking radiation I would make him milkshakes using ice cream and Ensure or Boost.  Gave him extra calories and changed the flavor of the Ensure and Boost.

Judy Harder

I helped look after Agnes Barnaby when she was still at home and one of her afternoon treats.........was a scoop of ice cream and a half a can of Ensure.
I had to mix it up and then she drank/ate it. While doing this, I thought that was so gross and a good way to ruin ice cream. but after my cancer therapy, understood that totally.
My taste buds were fried and nothing tasted right anyway, so except not liking flavored Boost (was my choice, Ensure was still too sweet)I did drink about a case a week for about 3 or 4 months and then only a six pack a week.
I was lucky, the American Cancer Society gave me the Boost and all I had was make a trip to Topeka to pick it up. I had to go to KU med a lot and the trip was paid for my ACS until the alloted money ran out. PTL for the American Cancer Society.
Oh back to Brown Bread, I like adding Grape NUts to yoghurt, too. got to have crunch and it is good. try it. to your taste. not mine
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

doobie

Sorry Teresa.  I know John hired lots of kids over the years, Imust have had brainfreeze from the ice cream.
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Wilma

It worked, didn't it?  When we all started talking about something cold, the heat went away.

Ms Bear

It hasn't gone away here.  I am still having to let the huge dog in during the afternoon, takes up half the dining room when he spreads out.  Mama cat and kittens are inside for the rest of the summer I guess.

The leaves are falling like they do in late Sept. and Oct.  We are seeing a lot of dead trees, going to be really bad if we get a direct hit from a hurricane this year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk