Furniture & Appliance Stores

Started by farmgal67357, August 03, 2011, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

Where's the nearest ones? I'm hoping we don't have to go all the way to Wichita.
Lisa
Lisa

Catwoman

Winfield...Independence...Eureka...B-ville, OK...Wichita will have the best selection but you'll pay an arm and a leg for delivery, if you can even get it...Your best bet will be to borrow a truck from a friend to haul the items back (or rent a small Uhaul for the day).

Judy Harder

If you want gently used there is a second/used furniture store in Fredonia. Donnes, I think is the name and they will deliver.
Independece has nice places........and not sure of delivery most charge for that service. Sears still has a catalog store there.
There is HayMakers just north of Coffeeville off 10th street at Dearing.
You will be getting more ideas soon.
Oh, might ask at Cooksons may be a start.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

readyaimduck

QuoteFredonia. Donnes
Doanes Furniture...They also will let you pay off in payments, unless you need it immediately, and that can be worked out also.
Some used, and some darn near new.  Been in business with trade/consignement/new for 90 years.

Roma Jean Turner

I noticed a Sears in Winfield today but didn't go in.  Also sae a furniture store on Main St.  Mexican food was great at El Maguey.  Love Winfield.

patyrn

Lowe's in east Wichita delivers appliances to Howard - free delivery.....................

Judy Harder

Messenger's in Independence, and Westco are both on Penn just a short block away.
I have seen their delivery trucks here in area, so I am pretty sure they deliver. Not sure if Woods lumber
has added furniture to their store or not.
Did I not tell you you would have suggestions. What fun starting a new home/life.
No, I am not wanting to do this again, I am content.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

We can order in  whatever you want in appliances at Cooksons... but not furniture..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

farmgal67357

Hey, if we can keep our money in Howard, that much the better! I believe in shopping local if you can. We are needing a gas freestanding range.
Lisa
Lisa

flo

Lisa, I have had Cookson's order things for me and their pricing is not any higher than those big "discount" places, plus you don't have to use your expensive gas to get there.  I wasn't aware of this and bought my new appliances elsewhere when I moved to Howard and have regretted it every day since.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk