Future of Wind power

Started by srkruzich, July 31, 2011, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I guess it really depends on the state and the way the contract is written. I just finished an article about the oil "industrialization" of North Dakota.They are having a huge economy boom due to their oil and gas, but the way the mineral rights are written some land owners are feeling abused. They apparently get a generous one time compensation for each well drilled, but have no say in how many wells are drilled,where, when, or how badly the drillers clutter up things with supplies and pipe.
  Dan Kalil says they set up camp two years ago on his 8,000 acres and are still there.  It's a several page article that talks about the impact the $90,000.00 a year the average oil worker makes, to the sudden housing shortages etc. It seems the big oil rigs and support trucks are also taking their toll on the roads, which weren't great to begin with.That Bakken formation is really huge and will supply oil through new and existing pipe lines  for many years, but the other side of the coin exists too. I don't have an opinion, just sharing.

Taken from North Dakota's Oil Boom is a Blessing and a Curse. By Ryan Holeywell /Aug 2011, Governing Magazine

Ross

It's all about money.
It's not about helping your neighbor.
It's not about recyclable power.
It's simply about money.
It's not about taking care of the environment.
It's about Gov't subsidies and more money.
Anything other than money is a simply a sales job.
See the people Diane is talking about and their oil leases.
It's not about them. It's about how much money the Company can get.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on August 05, 2011, 07:20:17 AM
Yes, the landowners get good money for the use of their land.  So do the owners of the land that has a rock quarry or oil wells.  And anyone that has to pay pasture rent can attest to the value of pasture land.  What is wrong with a land owner profiting from owning the land that someone else wants to use?
Not a thing as long as the taxpayer doesn't fund any part of it. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 05, 2011, 08:34:41 AM
I guess it really depends on the state and the way the contract is written. I just finished an article about the oil "industrialization" of North Dakota.They are having a huge economy boom due to their oil and gas, but the way the mineral rights are written some land owners are feeling abused. They apparently get a generous one time compensation for each well drilled, but have no say in how many wells are drilled,where, when, or how badly the drillers clutter things up with supplies and pipe. Dan Kalil says they set up camp two years ago on his 8,000 acres and are still there.  It's a several page article that talks about the impact the $90,000.00 a year the average oil worker makes, to the sudden housing shortages etc. It seems the big oil rigs and support trucks are also taking their toll on the roads, which weren't great to begin with.That Bakken formation is really huge and will supply oil through new and existing pipe lines  for many years, but the other side of the coin exists too. I don't have an opinion, just sharing.

Taken from North Dakota's Oil Boom is a Blessing and a Curse. By Ryan Holeywell /Aug 2011, Governing Magazine

Thats handled in the contracts signed.  I know my family homestead has coal under it.  They came and made a offer for it and we stiplulated the contract to get it.  They could only do 1/2 at a time, they had to restore the farm as it was when they mined it and they could not use crap to backfill they had to bring in good soil.  once 1/2 was fully restored,  then they were offered the other half. THey haven't mined the other half yet.

jarhead

I have a good friend that lives near Wingate, Texas.  He does not have a Wind turbine( s ) on his ranch but they are some just "across the fence" every month he gets a check for the wind IF it blew across his place to turn the blades. He said it was all computerized to know when the wind blew from his direction. He also said his monthly check didn't amount to much but better than a swift kick. Does the Elk county, soon to be wind farm, have provisions like that or are adjoining land owners just SOL ?

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on August 05, 2011, 02:20:38 PM
I have a good friend that lives near Wingate, Texas.  He does not have a Wind turbine( s ) on his ranch but they are some just "across the fence" every month he gets a check for the wind IF it blew across his place to turn the blades. He said it was all computerized to know when the wind blew from his direction. He also said his monthly check didn't amount to much but better than a swift kick. Does the Elk county, soon to be wind farm, have provisions like that or are adjoining land owners just SOL ?
LOL now  imagine if he just got a onery streak and started hauling dirt and stuff and makin a pile to divert the wind
LOL.

jarhead

Onery ? No Steve, ornery does not even begin to describe this man. Mean'rn a junk yard dog would describe him better---he was my senior drill instructor back in "68". If them ol towers ever pee him off he will yank their blades off and sh--------------- you catch my drift  !!  :D

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on August 05, 2011, 04:31:48 PM
Onery ? No Steve, ornery does not even begin to describe this man. Mean'rn a junk yard dog would describe him better---he was my senior drill instructor back in "68". If them ol towers ever pee him off he will yank their blades off and sh--------------- you catch my drift  !!  :D
Target practice!

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on August 05, 2011, 04:31:48 PM

one of these should suffice...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk