We're finally moved in, kinda..... : )

Started by farmgal67357, July 28, 2011, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

Man I'm tired! That's it, I'm NOT moving again! We've been in Howard for almost a week now. Everyone we have met has been very friendly and helpful! We are adjusting to living on "Howard time". The bank closes at 3, the store closes at 6, and so on..... Will says the Philly cheese steak sub he had at Poplar Pizza is the "best he has ever had!" The post office box thing is a little weird. I've always had my mail delivered to the house. I think we are going to look into putting a mail box on the route. Our son is actually looking forward to school! So far, so good....
Lisa
Lisa

Catwoman

Glad to hear you're getting settled in!!  :D  You'll love living in Howard!!  ;)

Diane Amberg

Glad you're finally in to stay. Howard needs good people.

Jo McDonald

Well---- Howard already has GOOD PEOPLE!!    And we are tickled pink to have more!!!!

Welcome !!!  I'm sure you will like living here as much as we will like having you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Judy Harder

welcome to Elk County. you are welcome. Now, kick off your shoes and relax.
Oh, soon your inner clock will run on the Howard/Elk County time. Until school starts
that is and then " get ready for some action!" I mean we all try to attend games and such at
school and with you and your hubby sure to be involved..........just get rested up while you
can.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

farmgal67357

Yeah, hubby will be doing Drama and Forensics as well as teaching, that will be fun! Especially doing a play, Theater and English were my College subjects. And he and I both were Drama kids in High School. Doing makeup is such fun!
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

There is plenty of drama right here and we could use a good debating coach too. :laugh:

Roma Jean Turner

I have come to really enjoy going to the post office to get mail.  Usually always see someone friendly or a chance for a little visit on the street.

sixdogsmom

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on July 29, 2011, 07:23:09 PM
I have come to really enjoy going to the post office to get mail.  Usually always see someone friendly or a chance for a little visit on the street.

And, just about any other summer there would be free excess produce for whoever gets there first. 'Course this is in Moline! And you might be able to buy fresh produce from the back-end of a pickup. This year is different however, not much produce for anybody!  :'( :'(
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk