Elk County Sheriff's Office destroys marijuana plants

Started by Janet Harrington, July 28, 2011, 03:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

This land has been in the Ritter family for as long as I can remember. The last I knew one of the Hebbs had cattle on it, but that was a long time ago. Don't know who leases it or if anyone does. I'm sure the sheriff and the KBI will continue to see if they can ever figure out who was growing this field. It would be nice if they could, but sometimes you just can't.

Wilma

doobie

CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Wilma

I read somewhere that the sheriff had received a tip.

Lookatmeknow!!

They might have, but heard also that people are watering their crops and everything else is so dry and dying. So they used copters and could spot it. That is what I heard. I know nothing else, but that does make sense! LOL
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Humpy

There are not enough Elk County Sheriff deputys to watch the field for a week or a month, but hunters use trail cams all the time to watch their game. Maybe there should be a fund drive to purchase several for our sheriff .
Set it up Doug and I will donate the first $200.00 .

srkruzich

LOL, can't believe the waste of money going after something that grows wild.   Sheesh.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

You've got a good point. 

Can't help but think that the Fed's programs and moneys stimulate much of the wild business.

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on July 29, 2011, 08:16:43 AM
You've got a good point. 

Can't help but think that the Fed's programs and moneys stimulate much of the wild business.

BTW  Just so folks know,  You don't harvest pot in july.  Pot is harvested before the first frost.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Quote from: Wilma on July 28, 2011, 06:57:43 PM
I wondered about that, too, Mom.  "It has been harvested recently."?  Doesn't seem as if there would be much left to destroy and as dry as it is, there wouldn't be much re-growth.

For you all who are not familiar with the territory, it is heavily wooded with hedge and cedar.  There is no place for a surveillance vehicle to hide and anything parked in the area would be suspect.  Turkey Rd. ends at Highway 99.  The portion that goes west goes up a hill and any traffic going west is soon out of sight.  About a quarter mile from the highway there is a culvert that drains the field from the other side of the road and joins the drainage from said land.  It all then runs down and under the highway.  I don't know where the entrance to the land might be as we never go that way.  There is an entrance from the highway, but it never looks as if it is being used.  Am I right, Frank?

I have been looking at the landowner's map and am surprised at how much of the land is still in the family that it belonged to years ago.  Not many of them are still living there, though.
Wilma, I agree with you, as usual you are very observant. I am not sure but their maybe a Barb Wire gate off of Turkey into the pasture. Everytime we go by the place I always comment about how bad it has been allowed to growup in trees, brush and undergrowth.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk