Look what the wind blew in...

Started by Patriot, July 28, 2011, 08:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

4,000 Pot Plants Discovered In Rural Elk County

A large pot growing operation is discovered in rural Elk County.
Reporter: Shawn Wheat

Story here:  http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/4000_Pot_Plants_Discovered_In_Rural_Elk_County_126287483.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

LOL...Well, I guess I was wrong...Economic development IS coming to Elk County! lol  Pretty gutsy (or exceedingly stupid, take your pick), having it that close to town. 

frawin

Cat, is was near Severy, a mile South of the Greenwood County line.

Wilma

Frank, we aren't going to mention who else lives on Turkey Road.  I wonder who owns that property now.  Going to look it up pretty soon.

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 28, 2011, 08:28:24 AM
LOL...Well, I guess I was wrong...Economic development IS coming to Elk County! lol  Pretty gutsy (or exceedingly stupid, take your pick), having it that close to town. 

I put an offer to purchase on that land several years ago.  The area where the plants were located is quite secluded from view and ideal for such an effort... if you can stand the bugs.  It's about 10 miles north of Howard... 1 south of the county line.

But you gotta wonder... with tents and camping evidence, why wasn't an effort to watch and catch the perpetrators undertaken?  Surely the 'farmers' would have been back to harvest.  

Catwoman

Quote from: frawin on July 28, 2011, 08:37:20 AM
Cat, is was near Severy, a mile South of the Greenwood County line.

Oh, sorry...I thought I read that it was just outside of Howard...My mistake...But still exceedingly stupid on their part, no matter where they were located. I'm sure they had been there but took off, when they heard people coming.  Chickens! 

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 28, 2011, 08:28:24 AM
LOL...Well, I guess I was wrong...Economic development IS coming to Elk County! lol

Between this and undiscovered meth labs, you're probably right.  Maybe we need to import a new economic development director.... from Mexico.

frawin

Cat, recently they had a big drug bust over around Nowata, OK and they said each plant had a street vale of $1500, that would make this one worth $6,000,000. I am amazed that this one was undetected for so long. I would think it would take a long time to plant and get it up where it was detected. On the news here recently it said they were catching more Marijuana growers because they were having to go to the plants daily to keep them watered.
Frank

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 28, 2011, 08:39:12 AM
I wonder who owns that property now.  Going to look it up pretty soon.

Kenneth R. Ritter.

Source:  Elk Rural Directory,  Central Publishing, 2010

Patriot

Quote from: frawin on July 28, 2011, 08:54:31 AM
Cat, recently they had a big drug bust over around Nowata, OK and they said each plant had a street vale of $1500, that would make this one worth $6,000,000.

Jeeze!  Suppose they would consider a Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) Agreement?   ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk