How Tall Is Your Sunflower?

Started by Wilma, July 26, 2011, 02:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

My tallest one is 10 feet, 4 inches.  The blossoms are not 12 inches across, rather about 6 inches, and there are at least 6 of them.  There was a goldfinch and family feeding on them this morning.  I don't think any of the seeds are ripe yet, but they spent quite of bit of time with them.

Judy Harder

Wilma, this sunflower isn't mine, but I am bragging on Irene Beaumont.
She planted a seed she got from Dollar General and that thing has cleared the roof and just gets bigger and bigger.
The trunk is so big that I could not wrap two hands around it. Tall enough we can't see the head of it.
I did let Rudy know about it so he or his daughter might want a picture of it.
The leaves are so big they look like large elephant ears.
Just majestic. When it cools off a little I am going to get one of our guys to climb a ladder and take a picture of the head.
I don't have a digital camera, nor do I climb higher than a rung or two.
When I can, hopefully there will be a picture of it. think the eave is about 12 feet high and the flower is almost 2 feet above that
She also has lesser sunflowers that have normal sized heads on them, but not as tall...maybe 8 feet.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Hefe de vaca

I love sunflowers , glad the state picked it for the state flower.

Catwoman

I have a male goldfinch who comes every day to strip out my sunflowers growing about my back patio.  The tallest of my sunflowers is probably a little taller than I am.  What I have noticed is the amount of bird taking full advantage of my birdbath in the backyard.  Poor things are not only drinking deeply but having a heyday with their bathing habits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk