Government Schools, Bastion of Honesty and ethics!??

Started by srkruzich, July 22, 2011, 09:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Lookatmeknow!!

Ross, as I am studying special education, you son has a right to an academic education even if on an IEP. That is sad that he wasn't offered it. As for writing, I believe that all students should be able to use a pencil and write, not just type. Any child with a disability be it small or a severe handicap, is entiltled to learn. Teachers need to look past the disabilities and see the student, not that he/she has problems with language or whatever. I believe that it is great that you are involved in your sons education. That is really important, today.

I hate that teachers have to teach to the test, but that is our wonderful governments fault. I think alot of the teachers align their curriculum to the standards, and that really helps. They are getting the education plus they are getting taught what the government or state says they should.

I think, whether Ross agrees with me or not, West Elk and Longton both have wonderful teachers. My girls are all doing great in school. We are very fortunate to have teachers that care!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

My son is doing fine at Elk Valley and had a terrific teacher last year.
Many of you may know him Mr. Dowell. At first I had my reservations
but he proved himself many many times in one year. He has my full support.
He cared about each and everyone of his students. And Elk Valley probably has
the best music teacher in S.E. Kansas. I sat in, in his class several times.

The problems I had with the West Elk were attitude of the staff including the
School Superintendent. I had no such problems at Elk Valley. And when I spoke with the
person in special education she responded with quick action. Outstanding job on her part.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk