TX County Clerk Faces Prison for Standing Up for Prayer, Pledge

Started by Teresa, July 25, 2011, 06:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

TX Court Clerk Natalie Nichols could face a grand jury after she took a public stand for prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance.

After a judge physically crossed out the prayer and Pledge in a writeup of monthly meeting minutes, Nichols demanded answers.

The judge – Judge Sterling Lacy – told Nichols that the courts "purposefully do not place items such as the pledge and/or invocation on the Agenda and purposefully perform them before calling the meeting to order for fear of being 'sued by an agency such as the ACLU' and do not want to give the impression that it is the court's official stance."

Nichols said she confronted the judge on this ... and that's when things turned ugly. Hear why she could face jail time,

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/07/25/tx-county-clerk-faces-prison-for-standing-up-for-prayer-pledge/

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Teresa

Its just so very very sad that we as a nation have stooped to this...
I went back in and added the link..

Hmmmm~~~((wonder why you couldn't see it)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

sodbuster

All I can say is the Judge is way out of order for refering her to the Grand Jury. Just a political move on his part (or pissing contest). What a waste of taxpayer's money etc. for a Grand Jury. I am sure they have bigger fish to fry in Bowie County. Over use of authority by the Judge. Happens more than we would like, doesn't it?

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk