Yippee! Yippee!

Started by sixdogsmom, July 24, 2011, 11:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

It is just before midnight, and there is almost 5/8 inch of rain in my rain gauge! Yippee!  Still stormy outside with a few sprinkles. T-cat is in the house, and that is a good sign. I should have known when the third can of Fancy Feast went down his gullet today, that there might be something in the wind that has been blowing for several days now. The dogs have also been putting on the feedbag for the last couple of days, that is usually a sign of weather change. Yippee! Yippee!  ;D ;D
Edie

Judy Harder

If my eyes were seeing ok, I had just gotten up and was putting the dogs out, my gauge had almost 2 inches in it.
I can't remember if when I watered last night I over did it and got some water in gauge then. But, I did not do much more than a drink and a promise, so would bet that is what was out there.
Don't know how long it lasted here. but after the lighting and thunder moved on, I had to make another pit-stop and decided to open the windows and let fresh washed air in.........IT was still raining, gently but more a down pour than not.
"I had to sing God praises this morning. "OK, I just said thanks and went back to sleep...........Dave made sure we prayed for rain yesterday and look what happened.
Think we should all get to praying and rain-dancing too.
:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Catwoman

The rains over this direction were more sporadic than consistent but it was appreciated, every drop of it!  Some areas I drove through were getting it like a tall cow on a flat rock...Others, bone dry.  Oh well.  At least my yard was in one of the fortunate areas!!  ;D

Dee Gee

We got lots of wind and lighting and 1.25 inch of rain which settled the dust anyway.  Didn't have any damage from the wind which surpised me.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

thatsMRSc2u

Had lightning, BIG wind, and rain enough to leave puddles......I dont have a rain guage at the moment :P. Went outside this mornin and the big swing is layin on its head yard chairs blowed up where the fence caught em LOL various things blown around the yard.....but loved every minute of it!

Diane Amberg

A tall cow on a flat rock? ;D ;D ;D Glad you all got some much needed rain.We could use some here too. Perhaps yours will make it's way here eventually.

Judy Harder

someday we are all going to gripe about the cold/snow and winter blues.
Gee, I was hoping to enjoy my summer more. Oh, well..I love Kansas, I love sun, I love warmth and I love the bees and birds singing........OH, I also love the locusts singing and the treefrogs keeping me lulled to sleep at night. but all right all ready.
Enough with the hot hot hot. Come on more rain. Stormy weather and all. Did you pay attention to some of the lightning bolts last night. I swear one started over by Moline and headed by to Independence..............could hear it for a long time. Bet it was pretty awesome, If one had been out there to see it.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

thatsMRSc2u

Got back from the Doc....storm was bigger than I thought it was! Lots of limbs down......haybales struck by lightning on fire....storage buildings, awnings and pools blowed around......came at night so it didnt really seem that bad!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk