Corrupters of the Constitution

Started by redcliffsw, July 19, 2011, 05:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humpy

Red it would seem that todays parties have shifted . The Libertarians are the Republicans of the 60s and the repubs are the democrats . Then there is the democrat party that has shifted so far left that they could be considered the American Communist Party of the 60s . Ther ACP had over a million voters in the early part of the last century. They have made quite a come back .
I don't like Ron Paul,  I wish there was a better Libertarian candidate I could vote for .

Diane Amberg

That is exactly why I'm a moderate Independent. The party planks are so different from 50 years ago, it's easier for me to follow an individual candidate and not pay much attention to the party line. It all changes whenever they are elected anyway. In a year's time the president is so managed, sheltered, advised and pushed around by security and the professional deal makers, it's hard to know what anyone really thinks.

redcliffsw

Humpy, I see what you're saying.  However, the Republican Party was started wrong and there's no evidence that
it has ever "reformed" or "changed".  How can anyone say that the Republican Party stands with the founding fathers or the Constitution?  Today, the Republican Party remains supportive of social progress throughout the world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk