Sad commentary on Education

Started by srkruzich, July 13, 2011, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Here are his [Greenspan's] words, in an interview with The Globalist:

"Baby boomers are being replaced by groups of young workers who have regrettably scored rather poorly in international educational match-ups over the last two decades. The average income of U.S. households headed by 25-year-olds and younger has been declining relative to the average income of the baby boomer population. This is a reasonably good indication that the productivity of the younger part of our workforce is declining relative to the level of productivity achieved by the retiring baby boomers. This raises some major concerns about the productive skills of our future U.S. labor force."

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/07/13/alan-greenspan-its-gen-xers-fault-theyre-out-work/#ixzz1S0dHtPxR
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

Get rid of all the calculators, i-pads and laptops that students rely on... (get them back to basics in math, science, etc.)... and bring back the 1950's teachers in the classroom and you'd see a hell of a change in students today going out to America's workforce.  We'd see them shoot to the head of the (Worlds) class!

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

I'd like to see both.Basics taught without the gadgets, of course, but their work place will be full of them so they have to know how to use them too. How are you going to make the parents tolerate the 1950's style teachers?  It wouldn't bother me as I was a strict disciplinarian, but when the parents boo-hoo to the principal it rolls right down hill. I left my first school because of that very thing. There were a couple of kids who just couldn't make it, mostly because they were seldom there and I wanted to retain them. The principal wouldn't let me because the parents complained. She was an old witch anyway. I quit and got hired right way by the school in Maryland which was closer and paid better.They actually called me!

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 13, 2011, 03:34:34 PM
I'd like to see both.Basics taught without the gadgets, of course, but their work place will be full of them so they have to know how to use them too. How are you going to make the parents tolerate the 1950's style teachers?  It wouldn't bother me as I was a strict disciplinarian, but when the parents boo-hoo to the principal it rolls right down hill.
Get a principle and superintendent with balls! 

Catwoman

srkruzich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk