Question

Started by Warph, July 11, 2011, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

If someone owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way to the center of the earth?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

If they own the mineral rights to their land, I'd say so...What do the rest of you think?

readyaimduck

no, because China is at the other end, and that would entail enfringment rights.
That is why when you  'do dig so far, you may hit China'  is enforced.  (I think they are a very protective peoples)
;D

readyaimduck

okay, okay....I  're frack' that statement!  If one gets there, they would have to split the right of way at the center.
AND whoever has claim on the middle of the earth...would be reflected on that deed..and I would hope to God that it is not graded!
rof laughing at myself...well not really.  ;D

ok..not so ready

readyaimduck

QuoteIf they own the mineral rights to their land, I'd say so

and that would be correct, however if we dril from the top and strike oil or other escenses', is it theirs for our taking, or is it theirs that was stolen?
ready, I think

Wilma

Keep it up, ready.  Pretty soon now you will hit the truth.

If you start digging a gold mine on your land and stray under your neighbor's land and hit gold, is it yours or theirs?  The gold, that is.  I can just hear you guys saying that of course the land is theirs.

farmgal67357

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 11, 2011, 07:57:58 PM
okay, okay....I  're frack' that statement!  If one gets there, they would have to split the right of way at the center.
AND whoever has claim on the middle of the earth...would be reflected on that deed..and I would hope to God that it is not graded!
rof laughing at myself...well not really.  ;D

ok..not so ready

Don't forget, Middle Earth is where the Hobbits live....but they would probably like Chinese food too, so dig away!! ;D
Lisa-who was called a Hobbit-once....
Lisa

readyaimduck

Wilma:
The truth will always be told, however sometimes not in our liftimes. excuse me...life times.
It all depends on who is calling the referee shots as to how the games are remembered.

I will have to pay a great deal of money for that surveyor to go vertical for my property!

readyaimduck

Quotewhere the Hobbits live

Hobbits are good, but Chinese food makes me hungry.   
However, I think we could co-habitat in that bubble, dietary necessities aside from the differences.

Janet Harrington

Well, I think you do own to the middle of the earth and you own up into the sky as far as you can go. But don't tell the government because they will want to tax you on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk