Started by Warph, July 11, 2011, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Subject: 800 Service numbers
>        
>          
>         Any time you call an 800 number
>         (for a credit card, banking, charter communications, health and other
>         insurance, computer help desk, etc)
>         and you find that you're talking to a foreign customer service
>         representative
>         (perhaps in India, Philippines, etc),
>         please consider doing the following:
>        
>         After you connect and you realize that the customer service representative
>         is not from the USA
>         (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent),
>         please, very politely
>         (this is not about trashing other cultures)
>         say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the United
>         States of America."
>         The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager,
>         but, again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer
>         service representative in the USA."
>         YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED TO A REP IN THE USA.
>         That's the rule and the LAW.
>        
>         It takes less than one minute to have your call re-directed to the USA.
>         Tonight when I got redirected to a USA rep, I asked again to make sure - and
>         yes, she was from Fort Lauderdale.
>         Imagine what would happen if every US citizen insisted on talking to only US
>         phone reps from this day on.
>         Imagine how that would ultimately impact the number of US jobs that would
>         need to be created ASAP.

Sorry about the hashtags... got this in an email.

Question: What the hell is a hashtag and why do half my emails have them ???
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

I always ask to be transfered back to the USA when the accent is too thick for me to be able to understand.  I get the same urge to ask the same question when I've got a sales rep here in the US that has way too thick an accent... ;D

Warph

Question:  "If you are old (and wrinkled like me) and in a bathtub how would you know if you have been in there too long?"

(Don't forget to clue me in on the "Hashtag" question)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Judy Harder

I think I was about 17 when I first bought my own cup of coffee. I must admit, I filled it up with cream and sugar...........and drank it like that until after I got cancer and taste buds changed/ ok they got fried.......now drink it black and prefer it that way.
Oh when I was aware of what all the sugar and cream did for me, I did switch to that pink stuff and creamer mix.not sure of brand.
My dad was the only one drinking coffee and still will drink a pot all alone, if no one is there to share..but it does take him most of the day to do it.
When I was a kid, my granddad said it would put hair on my chest, so I had to outgrow that tale......almost believed everything he said......almost!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

I began drinking coffee when my mom got a teaching job in a lumber camp in Wyoming.  At age 14, I was hanging out with old Swedish lumberjacks who were up before dawn drinking coffee and drinking beer when the day was done.  I have always had coffee since that time.  Many years ago, early in my marriage, a counselor friend suggested that we have a glass of wine at the end of the work day before dinner which gave us time to talk about our day, a communication thing.  However, one glass led to another and the communication either got overly romantic or ended in a disastrous arguement.  Either way, we didn't get to dinner.  We switched to what was then General Foods International coffee.  I have continued this afternoon coffee while she has not.  Adding it up means I drink two in the morning, three if I can handle it and two in the afternoon.  Coffee has never affected my ability to sleep, but I am addicted to that caffeine in the morning.  On the days when I have to fast for blood tests, I try to get to the lab first thing so I can have my coffee.  Years ago, I was seeing a doctor who was some distance away.  I would pack a thermos and a snack to eat in the parking lot after my appointment.  I can't and won't imagine a day without my coffee with the forum in the morning and my coffee and the forum in the afternoon! ;D

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

As kids we were never allowed to drink coffee, but could have tea. Even in college I drank tea. But when I got involved in the fire company, that changed everything.There was and still is a big commercial setup that is on as long as anyone is there ,which is most of the time. When we would come back to the station half frozen in the winter, that free hot coffee was waiting and I learned to like it, if for no other reason than it helped thaw me out and it was faster than having to wait for tea . I use dry creamer and "that blue stuff. " Al has always liked good coffee so we have Eight O'clock high test in the morning followed by another round of decaf. None later, unless I make decaf. iced coffee which Al likes, or if we have something to do at the fire house, again, we always have coffee there.  Just habit. Caffeine doesn't bother me one way or another. If I skip for several days I don't notice it, plus it doesn't keep me up. But I just don't over do it as it might affect my blood pressure occasionally.

farmgal67357

Quote from: Warph on July 13, 2011, 12:00:05 PM
Question:  "If you are old (and wrinkled like me) and in a bathtub how would you know if you have been in there too long?"

(Don't forget to clue me in on the "Hashtag" question)

You start to shrink........ ;D
Hashtag? Something you have for breakfast?? I dunno ???
Lisa
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: flintauqua on July 12, 2011, 03:33:36 PM
Tried to find this clip on YouTube, but couldn't.  From "In Living Color"

Black Prisoner: First of all, we must internalize the "flatulation" of the matter by transmitting the effervescence of the "Indianisian" proximity in order to further segregate the crux of my venereal infection. Now, if I may retain my liquids here for one moment. I'd like to continue the "redundance" of my quote, unquote "intestinal tract", you see because to preclude on the issue of world domination would only circumvent - excuse me, circumcise the revelation that reflects the "Afro-disiatic" symptoms which now perpetrates the jheri curis activation. See, so by the -...

Narrator: Give to The United Negro Scholarship Fund. Because a mind is a terrible thing to develop without help.

Black Prisoner: Allow me to expose my colon once again. The ramification inflicted on the incision placed within the Fallopian cavities serves to be holistic taken from the Latin word "jalapeno".

Damon Wayans always played the prisoner who was making good use of his time by educating himself while in prison. He had problems, as you can see! In Living Color is a hilarious show! It made Jim Carrey famous......
Lisa
Lisa

Wilma

My hot coffee is tempered with Half & Half since the black coffee bothers my stomach now.  But that is only the first cup and the second half cup.  After that it is black and usually cold, not iced, just cold because I don't want to take the time to heat it and I don't like having the coffee pot on all day.  And it is usually just a sip or two.  The best cup of coffee is still the first one in the morning while the rest of the world wakes up.

readyaimduck

a hashtag is:  # which will denote other subjects that pertain to the subject preceding it.

I think it is a form of language that translates to <marks when you copy and paste.
Steve might be able to give the correct name for it.  I just delete them, when I resend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk