Where Do You All Go To See A Movie?

Started by farmgal67357, July 07, 2011, 06:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

What theater do you prefer? El Dorado is looking good. And they have a Chinese restaurant too. I am gonna miss our neighborhood Chinese joint! Peter makes the best banana sushi!
Lisa
Lisa

srkruzich

Quote from: farmgal67357 on July 07, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
What theater do you prefer? El Dorado is looking good. And they have a Chinese restaurant too. I am gonna miss our neighborhood Chinese joint! Peter makes the best banana sushi!
Lisa

The china star is ok, not the best food.  I love one i go on e central in wichita called china buffet. THeir food is top notch quality!   

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

From where you're going to be located, it's just a short (relatively speaking, of course) drive to the east side of Wichita...The Warren Theatre, on east 13th/96 highway, is a great place to go to the movies!  Cheddar's is out in the parkinglot...I love that place!!!  And Wichita is a mecca for great Asian food...You can go about anywhere and get a great meal.  Ghengis Grill, corner of Rock/Douglas, is a fantastic Mongolian BBQ place...You'll have fun exploring!!  ;)

jarhead

Quote from: farmgal67357 on July 07, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
Lisa

Whoa there Lisa, are you talking Peter's in Parsons ? I love that little Chinese cafe. Nothing fancy but the food is outstanding. Some kind of meat loaf in little squares I could founder on.
Peking Palace in Wichita was the best---before they tore it down. I made a pig of myself on the bacon wrapped water chestnuts. One day the waiter said,"oh,you likey dem ? " I think the log cabin I was building out of the tooth picks is what tipped him off

flintauqua

Quote from: jarhead on July 07, 2011, 08:48:19 PM
Whoa there Lisa, are you talking Peter's in Parsons ? I love that little Chinese cafe. Nothing fancy but the food is outstanding. Some kind of meat loaf in little squares I could founder on.
Peking Palace in Wichita was the best---before they tore it down. I made a pig of myself on the bacon wrapped water chestnuts. One day the waiter said,"oh,you likey dem ? " I think the log cabin I was building out of the tooth picks is what tipped him off

Was Peking Palace at Rock and Harry in an old Western Sizzlin or Sirloin Stockade building?  I loved that place.  Roberta's family, Angie and I went to eat there while Dad was in the hospital, and it was gone, just a giant track-hoe sitting there.

Don't do it Jarhead!  ;D  I can see the wheels turning, thinking of what you could do with that phrase.  8)
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

farmgal67357

Quote from: jarhead on July 07, 2011, 08:48:19 PM

Yep! It's 3 blocks from our house. Their whole family works there, and Peter's 3 nephews are usually there too. I love those little cuties! They make what I call Chinese home cookin'. Peter was in NYC a while back and learned how to make some new types of sushi. Now I'm spoiled! And they have the BEST chicken wings EVER! My son loves those little bacon wrapped meatloaf thingies too.
Lisa
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: Catwoman on July 07, 2011, 08:41:04 PM
From where you're going to be located, it's just a short (relatively speaking, of course) drive to the east side of Wichita...The Warren Theatre, on east 13th/96 highway, is a great place to go to the movies!  Cheddar's is out in the parkinglot...I love that place!!!  And Wichita is a mecca for great Asian food...You can go about anywhere and get a great meal.  Ghengis Grill, corner of Rock/Douglas, is a fantastic Mongolian BBQ place...You'll have fun exploring!!  ;)

Okay, I'm gonna mapquest both of those places and check them out. Thanks!
Lisa
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: srkruzich on July 07, 2011, 06:22:58 PM
The china star is ok, not the best food.  I love one i go on e central in wichita called china buffet. THeir food is top notch quality!   

Do they have those ginormous crystal chandeliers? All the China Buffets I've been to have them. And you're right, the food is usually really good. As a matter of fact, the first time I ever had frog legs was at a China Buffet! They were awesome!
Lisa
Lisa

srkruzich

Quote from: farmgal67357 on July 07, 2011, 10:03:03 PM
Do they have those ginormous crystal chandeliers? All the China Buffets I've been to have them. And you're right, the food is usually really good. As a matter of fact, the first time I ever had frog legs was at a China Buffet! They were awesome!
Lisa
Ehhh their food is ok.  Passable. The one i go to is the one on east central in wichita.  They are far far better than any other place ive been to, and the price is reasonable!  I think two people can eat for around 15 bucks on a week day and weekends it usually is 20 bucks but they add a whole lot of extras on weekends. 

You get a ton of seafood, chicken, sushi bar is by far the best i've ever seen, Mongolan food as well as many other types.  Their Hot and sour soup is to die for.  Lots to choose from from squid to eel i think.  I've so far tried everything they have served, and some i don't like, not that it isn't prepared right, just don't like it.  But 90% of it i do like. 

I think the name is Asian town buffet, not sure.  Uhm i go there when i go to the doctors down the road.  Across the street i believe there is a asian market too. 

The addy is 6160 East Central, wichita betwen woodlawn and edgemoor. 

srkruzich

BTW i am very very particular on my chinese food. it has to be hot and fresh and good.   THe Asian buffet doesn't put a lot of food up at one time, they keep it low inventory out there and just cook based on consumption rate. They are very good at keeping it fresh and hot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk