OMG...SERIOUSLY????

Started by Catwoman, July 05, 2011, 12:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Sadly, I must agree with the verdicts.  The state did a bang up job of proving she's a liar, and the jury convicted on that.  Had the state put as much effort into proving murder, or even manslaughter, there might have been a conviction there too.  If you want to fault someone here, fault the state.  They're the ones who screwed this up.  I think the jury did an admirable job of upholding their oath.  It's the government who fouled up.  While I think she's guilty as sin, there simply was not enough factual evidence for the jury to find guilt in every element of the critical charges. 

Proves another point clearly, however.... government can screw up most anything, from the process of boiling water to proving the obvious in a murder case!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

farmgal67357

Quote from: Catwoman on July 05, 2011, 12:28:40 PM
Casey Anthony was found not guilty of anything more than misleading policemen????????  OMG...This is OJ Simpson revisited.

It won't be too long before someone takes her out. Pray to God she doesn't get pregnant again! This whole thing just makes me sick. But, there was reasonable doubt. The prosecution didn't have a strong enough case. And you can't convict someone on "emotions". One day she will have her turn at judgement, just like the rest of us.......
Lisa
Lisa

readyaimduck

And her child will be in heaven  watching her go to trial'  fortuneately the God, of Higher Power doesn't need a jury or peers or otherwise!

Now that to me, un-sacreligious as it may seem:  is Justice brought forth!

srkruzich

Quote from: kshillbillys on July 05, 2011, 07:17:17 PM
"Beyond a Reasonable Doubt"
The term connotes that evidence establishes a particular point to a moral certainty and that it is beyond dispute that any reasonable alternative is possible. It does not mean that no doubt exists as to the accused's guilt, but only that no Reasonable Doubt is possible from the evidence presented.

Someone forgot to explain this to the jury.

Look, your thinking with the emotional aspect.  The jury full well understood reasonable doubt.  I hate it but the state could not and did not prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt.  YOu were watching the events on tv. THEY weren't. They were ONLY presented with the facts nothing else.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

Was misleading the police a misdemeanor or a felony?  What judgement will she face on that conviction?

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 05, 2011, 10:05:07 PM
Was misleading the police a misdemeanor or a felony?  What judgement will she face on that conviction?

In a murder investigation, probably a felony.  But the news pundits think she'll be released Thursday with time served (about 3 years, to date).
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

OMG.   >:(  I hadn't heard that...

srkruzich

yeah she gets credit for time served.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

farmgal67357

The might set her free, but she can't go anywhere. EVERYONE knows who she is. Let's see her go out and party now!
Lisa
Lisa

Warph

Quote from: Patriot on July 05, 2011, 10:22:40 PM
In a murder investigation, probably a felony.  But the news pundits think she'll be released Thursday with time served (about 3 years, to date).

Actually Patriot, in the state of Florida it is a misdemeanor.  She was convicted of four counts in the first degree of lying to investigators and could receive up to a year in jail for each count when Judge Perry sentences her Thursday.  But she's likely will get credit for spending much of the past three years in jail waiting for trial, so it's possible she could be released by the end of the week.... or the judge could sentence her to 9 plus months to a year and a possible fine of $1,000 per offense.  I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Too bad the prosecution didn't try for Manslaughter by Act (Committing an act that was neither excusable, nor justified that resulted in the death of another person).  The crime of manslaughter is classified as a second degree felony.  If convicted of manslaughter, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 9¼ years and up to a max of 15 years and a $10,000 fine.  The lazy ass jury might have gone for manslaughter had not the prosecution pushed for murder one with the death penalty.  I guess we'll never know the answer to that.  Sad.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk