Fried Green Tomatoes!

Started by sixdogsmom, June 30, 2011, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

Quote from: Catwoman on July 02, 2011, 09:52:34 AM
Sounds like a wonderful summertime meal to me!  ;D  That was always a problem, though...The number of fantastic cooks that reside in Elk County...I started teaching there as a size 9 and...Uh...Well...We'll just say that when I left, I had grown from a sapling into a fully mature tree! lol   :o ;D

Well that makes me the whole dang forest.....  :o
I used to go to a little old country church that was nondenominational. We were always having potlucks or parties after service, most of the food was made by farmer's wives. We had someone visit us on a day we were having a potluck. They wanted to know what "kind" of church we were. I told 'em we were an eatin' church......He stayed for lunch! :laugh:
Lisa
Lisa

Hefe de vaca

Quote from: farmgal67357 on July 02, 2011, 08:35:21 PM
We have brewers too!
Lisa
Now you hit a nerve. Just don't like sterilizing the bottles. Made some excellent stout last year. ;D

farmgal67357

That's great Jefe! We have mead makers, wine makers, you name it. I don't drink, but two brothers in our group made a liqueur that I just had to taste. They made it out of those boxed cherry chocolates that come out around Christmas time. Now that was yummy, and it had a kick too!
Lisa
Lisa

Judy Harder

They made it out of those boxed cherry chocolates that come out around Christmas time. Now that was yummy, and it had a kick too!

Don't they call that a cherry cordial?
that is one candy that I can't eat.........yuck......too sweet and first time I bit into one and got the syrup in my mouth I gagged and gagged.............I will eat a cherry mash, but not the cherry chocolates!

I must say that every place I go here that has a church meeting there is always someone bringing a dish for us to try......it is no wonder this county is considered a "FAT!" county................LOL   Don't shoot people.........look around next time you are in a group........We do have great cooks here...........and that suggestion sounds like a good idea when each of the towns host the 4-H fair..........the other one have a cook off......share the fun........can it be done withOUT blood shed?????
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

readyaimduck

Quotehave a cook off......share the fun........can it be done withOUT blood shed??

oh, be still my heart!   please!   HAVE A COOK OFF! 

Good cooks are great.  Taste is another thing.  How about a cookoff with the traditional foods, yet nutriionally sound.

I can see it:  good nutrition vs. old style.   all is good eats, to paraphrase and the public gets to taste AND eat.

ideas galore!
Perhaps a category of fried green tomatoes!
ready

farmgal67357

I volunteer to be a judge!!!!! ;D
Lisa
Lisa

readyaimduck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk