Fracking

Started by Ross, July 01, 2011, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

This web site shows pictures (Drawings) of oil fields some show two different depth levels drilled horizontal. This represents drilling only one mile horizontal. Today they can drill 6 to 8 miles horizontal and possibly further.

This site also shows a map of oil fields in the US, Kansas oil fields included.

http://frackingfarm.drillfrackrepeat.com/

Diane Amberg

Looks like I should go back to my Uncle Bill's place and Frack those old played out wells. I might make a fortune....not.

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

redcliffsw

Warph, are the Duke people and their research financed by the government?

Government money has a way of achieving the results that the liberals want.

Nothing like building a bigger government and that's where the Republicans are taking us.

Diane Amberg

Does the Republican Party know they are liberals?

Warph

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 30, 2012, 05:00:13 AM
Warph, are the Duke people and their research financed by the government?
Government money has a way of achieving the results that the liberals want.
Nothing like building a bigger government and that's where the Republicans are taking us.

Red, why would the government pay out big bucks to promote anti-fracking studies when they are for fracking.

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/obama-gives-fracturing-the-green-light/3415

If the government and the oil companies could insure that fracking would not hurt the water supply in years to come, i'd be all for it.  But as it stands, fracking has caused big problems over the years with water supplies all over the U.S.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 30, 2012, 09:02:25 AM
Does the Republican Party know they are liberals?

Would they care?  

Let's ask Norm Coleman or Richard Luger or Arlen Specter or John Warner... or maybe that Brownback fella.  

Oh, that;s right, they are 'moderate' conservatives.  Isn't that just another way of saying, "Lacking in conviction and without  constitutional understanding, or milquetoast."?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Quote from Patriot:
Would they care?

Let's ask Norm Coleman or Richard Luger or Arlen Specter or John Warner... or maybe that Brownback fella.

Patriot,
The term us conservative Repubs have for them types is RINO---but I think you already knew that.

redcliffsw

Republicans' history is based upon liberalism.  Republicans never saved the Union, they changed it from what the Founders intended.

Patriot

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 31, 2012, 06:00:02 AM
Republicans' history is based upon liberalism.  Republicans never saved the Union, they changed it from what the Founders intended.

After making a reasoned review of the events and outcomes of the mid-1800s (the shifting to an all knowing all powerful central government and away from state sovereignty) it does seem that they turned the united states into something of a Hotel California... once in, you can check out, but you can never leave.  So much for any future declarations of independence.

And to this day, many repubs seem hell bent to sell the same concept to other sovereigns via 'nation building'.

Isn't that just the jumbo version of the left's 'busybody, do gooder, solve society's ills' (real or imagined) mentality?  Got problems or poverty?  Give us the unlimited power of government & we'll fix it... either in Detroit, Mississippi, Iraq, or dare I say Elk County.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk