Fried Green Tomatoes!

Started by sixdogsmom, June 30, 2011, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 01, 2011, 08:12:58 PM
That just gave me a horrible headache just thinking about pouring tea over 2 cups of sugar. LOL
Oh its gooood! MMmmmmmmmmmmm
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

farmgal67357

Quote from: srkruzich on July 01, 2011, 04:07:39 PM
Yeah a big ole platter of fried chicken, and biscuits n gravy, mashed taters, green beans with hamhocks in them, and a mess of greens with a slab of fatback simmering on a stove all day.  Mmmmmmm MMMMMMMMM Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
FOR Dessert, a blackberry cobbler with a double scoop of vanilla icecream!

Cant for get the Gallon or two of Southern Sweet tea.  Simple to make, boil your water, steep 3 family sized bags for 30 min, pour into jar with 2 cups of sugar stir well.  Add water to fill to the top and pour over ice add lemon and sprig of mint if you so desire!

OMG!!!! I'm going into a coma just thinking about all that food!!!! heeheeheeheehee  :o
Lisa
Lisa

Catwoman

Sounds like a wonderful summertime meal to me!  ;D  That was always a problem, though...The number of fantastic cooks that reside in Elk County...I started teaching there as a size 9 and...Uh...Well...We'll just say that when I left, I had grown from a sapling into a fully mature tree! lol   :o ;D

Diane Amberg

9 is a shoe size, not a dress size isn't it? ;)

Catwoman

It is for me, anymore!! lol  Oh well...I intend to leave this life having experienced every good thing there is to experience...And if that means that I'm not as svelte as I was as a youngster, then so be it...It's all good!

readyaimduck

It's because you ATE the Fried Green Tomatoes, and did not WATCH The Movie!!!!!! ;D

srkruzich

Ohh I am a big time foodie.  Friend of mine says i love my food.   I am quite well versed in cooking deep south cooking.  Shrimp n Grits are one of my specialties and Brunswick Stew is another. Some folks call it Bergoo.    I however do cook excellent Italian food, Greek food, and I love to bake.  I do sourdough, Italian bread, herb breads and tomato bread.  Banana nut, I make a 10 layer carrot cake, Dried plum cake which is very good, and I'm hoping to soon learn to salt cure pork, if i can get me a feeder and butcher him.  Need a small smoke house to do that.  :D

I was raised around soul food restaurants, Mmmmmm can't beat them.   I do pies and cobblers. Kinda ok in pastries.  Haven't done much in them.  ANd i am a COOKIE monster!  I love cookies!  Peanut butter, chocolate chip, no bake peanut butter/chocolate, i take peanut butter and spread it between two ritz crackers and dip in white chocolate....

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

You need to try out for Master Chef!  Everyday people cooking exotic stuff that tastes good.

Heck, let's have a cook off in Elk County!   People could pay $5 each to taste all the foods and vote. 
????   Fund Raiser???

Limit it to a couple of dishes, say entrees and sides....then go from there!

ready to cook/eat

Janet Harrington

Quote from: srkruzich on July 02, 2011, 06:16:12 PM
I make a 10 layer carrot cake

I got the shivers just thinking about a 10 layer carrot cake. LOL

farmgal67357

Okay Steve, hubby and I will be DEFINITELY be over for Greek food! Would you have any interest in cooking medieval recipes? Sounds to me like you have the cooking chops to do it. We have a fella in our SCA group who is very popular because of his and his ladywife's cooking. They do all our feasts for our local events. They live over in Elk City, they WERE the farthest "out" in our group, now it will be us.....next group over is Wichita. We have brewers too!
Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk