Fried Green Tomatoes!

Started by sixdogsmom, June 30, 2011, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

Quote from: srkruzich on June 30, 2011, 10:16:56 PM
I just throw some salt n pepper in some flour or cornmeal, dredge the tomtos in it and fry them in a skillet with 1/4" of oil. BUT IF you really want some good ones omit oil and use lard.

Man, that sounds GOOD! How can something that has such a rough sounding, hit you over the head name like lard taste SOOOOOO good?  :D

Lisa
Lisa

srkruzich

Quote from: farmgal67357 on June 30, 2011, 10:24:26 PM
Man, that sounds GOOD! How can something that has such a rough sounding, hit you over the head name like lard taste SOOOOOO good?  :D

Lisa

WEll i know one thing, You cannot make good buttermilk biscuits without it.  Anything else is just blah.
And its awful hard to make good fried chicken without it.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

Fried chicken? Did someone say fried chicken????? I love fried chicken.

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 01, 2011, 03:51:32 PM
Fried chicken? Did someone say fried chicken????? I love fried chicken.

Yeah a big ole platter of fried chicken, and biscuits n gravy, mashed taters, green beans with hamhocks in them, and a mess of greens with a slab of fatback simmering on a stove all day.  Mmmmmmm MMMMMMMMM Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
FOR Dessert, a blackberry cobbler with a double scoop of vanilla icecream!

Cant for get the Gallon or two of Southern Sweet tea.  Simple to make, boil your water, steep 3 family sized bags for 30 min, pour into jar with 2 cups of sugar stir well.  Add water to fill to the top and pour over ice add lemon and sprig of mint if you so desire!

Diane Amberg

Steve! I'm gonna come out there and take your blood sugar. I'm shocked!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

srkruzich

ROTFL, ahhh a good tall glass of sweet tea will do the trick. :)

Catwoman

Steve, you must be buying stock in roses to keep your wife happy after all that cooking!   ;) ;D

Diane Amberg

Uh....any wife who would feed all that to a diabetic husband is after his insurance money! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Janet Harrington

Quote from: srkruzich on July 01, 2011, 04:07:39 PM

Cant for get the Gallon or two of Southern Sweet tea.  Simple to make, boil your water, steep 3 family sized bags for 30 min, pour into jar with 2 cups of sugar stir well.  Add water to fill to the top and pour over ice add lemon and sprig of mint if you so desire!

That just gave me a horrible headache just thinking about pouring tea over 2 cups of sugar. LOL

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 01, 2011, 07:22:55 PM
Steve, you must be buying stock in roses to keep your wife happy after all that cooking!   ;) ;D

What wife!? 

And I AM The cook.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk