Fried Green Tomatoes!

Started by sixdogsmom, June 30, 2011, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

And they're still on the vine! 102 today and 106 tomorrow; no relief in sight! Ugh!  :P :P
Edie

Hefe de vaca

Maybe we'll have tomatoes in November.

sixdogsmom

Edie

srkruzich

well thats one problme i have when i do get tomatos on the vine. i pick them when they are green.  I love fried green tomatos!  Also they make awesome salsas.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Catwoman

I had tomatoes clear up into late October last year...As late as my tomatoes are in coming on this year, I am thinking that this will be the case again this year.  I have never had fried green tomatoes...They sound wonderful!  :)

Diane Amberg

They are THE best. Love 'em.

farmgal67357

I've always wanted to try those. I LOVE 'maters! Anybody have a simple recipe? I'm not Master Chef, but I am good at making simple things.

Lisa
Lisa

srkruzich

Quote from: farmgal67357 on June 30, 2011, 10:12:30 PM
I've always wanted to try those. I LOVE 'maters! Anybody have a simple recipe? I'm not Master Chef, but I am good at making simple things.

Lisa

I just throw some salt n pepper in some flour or cornmeal, dredge the tomtos in it and fry them in a skillet with 1/4" of oil. BUT IF you really want some good ones omit oil and use lard.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

Have you ever tried Western Star seasoned flour?  It makes incredible fried chicken and fried pork chops...I wonder what it would do with green tomatoes...????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk