road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 24, 2011, 05:46:45 PM
   Patriot is polite, and obviously well read, you , Ross , are another species.Perhaps a bit Hillbilly.

Once again I need to reply to this post.
You sir, sound like a man in love, isn't that what this is all about?
It's not really about the little laborer that works for the county is it?
Just curious.

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on July 24, 2011, 08:17:20 PM
I remember a boss i had at Cox communications.   You see, I built Cox's current computer department.  They used to operate on AS400's but in the late 90's they decided to get into internet.  Soooo. I went in, took what was given me 3 HPUX boxes, and 3 sun boxes and turned it into a 150 server Sun Shop.  The last server i bought was 14 million dollars. 

Good job. I like to hear things like that. Too many times the wrong man gets the ax.

Hefe de vaca

I would like to apologize to anyone I have offended with the epithets I posted about them. It was improper to respond in such a manner to defend a position, and as Patriot said , immature. My original intention was to bring about the facts, not conjecture.I will try to not let emotion enter my discourse in the future. My parents taught me better than that.

srkruzich

ROTFLMAO how come i get the feeling i need to be diggin my hipwaders out of the shed.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

oldfart

Dick Scott  was tired of all the bull/ has for me being guilty of doing what I was told GET THE HAND CUFFS AND COME GET ME

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, with jobs hard to come by, I can see why each of the road crew do what they are told to do. I might have also in your position. It was by no means your fault, and you should each not take offense to what I said. As, I was just stating that you could, not that you have to.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

kshillbillys

Last evening, me and my wife took a drive to Piedmont, KS. Damn near got lost in all the hustle and bustle of downtown Piedmont. It still amazes me to see all the riches they have received from the wind towers going up near their quaint town. It was a joy talking to Steve (aka Goat Man), but I felt just like poor white trailer trash while he smoked his $10 cigar from all the wealth he had received. Then we shot all the way across town by the rodeo grounds to see another friend of mine, Kyle. Didn't stay long, but on our way back down to Rock rd. and as we were heading west we stopped at another friends house, named Larry. Haven't seen Larry in a few months but it was good to see that he's still as full of shit as ever. As we were talking about the private property at Rd. 7 and Killdeer, me and the wife just decided to go by there and see just how much has gone on since I had last been by. At Limestone and Rd. 7 in one of my following pictures, is a dead end road. Don't worry about that road; no one important lives down there. Moving further south, we came upon the site of where they are putting up the new transformer station (picture 2). It sure was shiny, standing there in the evening sunset. I was thinking to myself, how beautiful this would be if I was on a tour bus. Moving further south, to the corner of 7 and Killdeer of where the cattle guard used to cross the road that had the private property, no trespassing sign up (picture 3). As my mama didn't raise no fool, I quickly noticed that it was not across the road anymore, but instead was setting right directly to the north of where it used to be, next to the road. Seizing the opportunity to take another beautiful shot from Eagle Head, I'm pleased to incorporate the sign and the transformer station from the hill, looking north. I would NOT dare go on private property. I made sure I was on the right side of the fence. Leaving Eagle Head, heading down Killdeer to Rd. 9, I can sure see what everyone is so impressed with, the upkeep of the roads that this windfarm crew had done. The only thing that they have done is widen the road to where now there is no ditches for the water to run through. This will be very nice when the rains do return or the snow starts falling onto these roads. North on 9 to Limestone and following Limestone east to Howard, I had to point out to my wife, where Daddy's house was. As we passed through the majestic farmlands that are dried up and shriveled up in Elk County, I noticed that there was a giant pothole or 12, between Rds. 12 and 13, the road is absolutely busted down. I noticed this after a wheel dropped off into it and I thought the damn buggy was gonna flip over. Upon entering Howard city limits, I noticed several sections of the super slab had undergone repair. It does look nice compared to how it was after all the truck traffic had tore it all to hell. Will it just remain patched or will they redo the whole damn street from one end of town to the other? After leaving Howard, we took a trip on Limestone, east of Hwy. 99. The road was rough in a few spots but had no trouble navigating, as none of that truck traffic has tore the hell out of the road. Working my way up rd. 23, we drove past where Cave Springs was. That's north of Native, south of Quail, right directly across from Pioneer. It appears that there is work undergoing there. On our little tour of Elk County, we went up by Flint Oak on east to rd. 28 and Quail. Turning south on 28, we followed the road down to Busby and stopped at the old school/community center and I showed my wife the artesian well. Not much of a stream on it, but of course there hasn't been much rain. Thought to myself, why isn't Elk County selling artesian water, bottled at the source? Busby citizens could get RICH and put them in a new town hall, maybe eventually getting their own fire department, ambulance and police, so someone could start riding around and telling them to not park vehicles in their yards! Moving on south towards Longton, America, it was nice to be home! It's nice to live here in the number 1 town in Elk County! And we plan to be here for the rest of our lives! Long live ME!----MR. KSHillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

readyaimduck

KS:   the only thing I truley question is Steve smoiking $5 cigars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Otherwise, a different read and well entertaining!...course, it took me a beer and had to enlarge the font, but what thehell....it is Elk County!   ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 03, 2011, 08:51:17 PM
KS:   the only thing I truley question is Steve smoiking $5 cigars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Otherwise, a different read and well entertaining!...course, it took me a beer and had to enlarge the font, but what thehell....it is Elk County!   ;D
well $5.00 cigars are bout the lowest priced ones you can get.  i prefer the Romeo and julietta, or the Mandom-Exmads which are dominican which are grown from cuban seed.  Much like the old school cuban cigars. 

Fire up one of those 60 guage  stogies and a glass of Lagavulin Mmmmmmmm
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

doobie

srkruzich-guess I been smokin' the wrong thing with my lagavulin-I'll have to try a 60 gauge
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk