road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

And yes, you have to have an order filed by the Register of Deeds for a closure.  It is legal and it is binding, meaning, anyone WITHOUT THE LAND OWNER"S PERMISSION, or an easement would be then trespassing.  
If there is an easement, then .......whatever..
It is up to the landowner.
ready

oldfart

Wouldn't be first time close a road not do it right  spent lot of money opening a road on back side Moline lake couple years ago ,right know even if is a county road needs to be closed because of all the traffic up here ,at least50 pieces of equipment and pickups running around

readyaimduck

QuoteWouldnt be first time close a road not do it right  spent lot of money opening a road

That sir, is a comissioner/road and bridge decision.  Perhaps not right, but ....<sighs>  it is what it was/is.
ready

readyaimduck

Quoteat least50 pieces of eqipment and pickups running around
and you are upset because????? ???

oldfart

Just cost county tax payers lot of money ,not upset about any thing,just lot of people want to know but don't want rock the boat Ive already been tossed out of the boat .maybe I have some bad feeling for a couple of people high up . But I will always tell it like it IS. Gets me in hot water to old to change

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 26, 2011, 06:45:20 PM
5.  If the county was grading a road that is private, then we have a whole 'nother 'box of rocks'

I'm beginning to think there are a lot of 'nother 'boxes of rocks' in Elk County.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: oldfart on June 26, 2011, 06:50:42 PM
Wouldnt be first time close a road not do it right...

Kind of like Pioneer Rd east where it enters Cave Springs.... been gated for years, even though the road & easements are still on the books as county property.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

Quotemaybe I have somebad feeling for a couple of people high up . But I will always tell it like it IS. Gets me in hot water to old to change
Say what is right, and what is true.   I have found that if you shake a 'box' of rocks hard, the small stuff goes to the bottom of the box.  The big stuff, eventually if shaken enough times will surface.

Perhaps not this situation....just refecting on my own experiences.

ready or not.

oldfart

looks to me there is pattern here all these roads we are talking about here run into land owned by people with deep pockets. Think we beat this horse enough. Time to find something else for me to grip about, this is fun stir the pot.

Wilma

I think this is just a case of a road not being closed that maybe should be.  In any case, it is up to the county commissioners to do it and as long as it remains open it is up to the road department to maintain it.

By the way, what road are we talking about, Rd. 5 or Rd. 7?  Is it closed or isn't it?  I think the original question was something about Rd. 7 being closed and why.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk