road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

QuoteThe county could go in and restore the road without consulting the landowners as they still hold the right to do so

And that is correct Wilma...it all depends on the date that that deed was filed

readyaimduck

or signed...it makes a difference legally....

readyaimduck

off to bed...continue please.
There are 3 issues at hand...and all but l think they can know and specualte, but only the landowner knows.... what whent on or what went wrong...

ready and out

Janet Harrington

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 28, 2011, 07:16:07 PM
Wilma: What Oldfart is doing up there is none of your business as you are not a landowner on any part of that property, nor will you ever be. If he was breaking a law, I'm sure you would be the first to inform them. I am surprised with this 60 foot easement that Janet says goes through there. But I was informed that the 60 foot easement is on county roads; not all easements are 60 feet and as Wilma keeps putting it out there, it IS private property. And as Janet says it would be misappropriation of funds and resources by putting 4 or 5 guys working on private property by blading and hauling rock over a period of several years. I know this is private property. I have checked with the courthouse, just as Janet checked with the courthouse. Way to spin it around and twist the words, or maybe you twist the words to suit your purpose. Here's the actual email I received: ROBERT OR JENNIFER I DON'T WRITE ON THE ELK CO FORUM BUT I DO READ IT.  IF YOU WOULD PUT THIS ON IT.  ROAD 5 THAT IS NORTH OF GRENOLA IS A COUNTY ROAD TO THE MIDDLE OF SECTION 17. BUT AFTER THAT IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY. THE COUNTY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT BECAUSE ITS NOT A COUNTY ROAD AND SINCE ITS NOT A COUNTY ROAD THE COUNTY HAS NO EASEMENT ON IT.    THANKS!
MR. KSH

You know, Robert, if oldfart wants to complain about what my mother asks him, he can do it. I don't believe he needs your help in answering my mother.

Now, I talked to the appraiser's office, to the cartographer, who told me this. Since you work for the county and are in Howard on the days the county works, why don't you just go up there and talk to her or better yet, call 620-374-2832, and ask yourself. That way you can still keep working and not have to leave the job to make a trip into the courthouse. I am pretty sure that the cartographer did not lie to me and I know first hand that she is excellent in how she does her job. Take your email from the unknown person and see what the cartographer has to say about that.

I don't know who sent you that email, but apparently oldfart has graded that road and laid gravel on that road. If that person who sent you that email says that is private property, then oops, someone has just committed MISUSE OF PUBLIC FUNDS.

Janet Harrington

And all this hatefulness just because old fart wanted to know about Road 7 that turned into Road 5. Poor old fart.

Let's find another road to discuss. I'll be thinking which one would be a good topic.

farmgal67357

Quote from: Janet Harrington on June 28, 2011, 06:32:42 PM
Hefe de vaca, love the picture of the bull. Thanks for making that your profile picture. I love animal pictures. Now, i have to get Colonel back on mine after I get my PC fixed.

Looking at that picture, he should call himself Hefe de Toro!  Jus' sayin' boss.... ;)

Lisa
Lisa

farmgal67357

Quote from: Janet Harrington on June 28, 2011, 09:49:49 PM
And all this hatefulness just because old fart wanted to know about Road 7 that turned into Road 5. Poor old fart.

Let's find another road to discuss. I'll be thinking which one would be a good topic.

I gotta question about a road! Why doesn't Howard have a Main street? It's Wabash instead, right? Pittsburg, KS is like that. They have a Broadway, but no Main....

Lisa
Lisa

Janet Harrington

Statute 21-3910: Misuse of public funds. (a) Misuse of public funds is knowingly using, lending or permitting another to use public money in a manner not authorized by law, by a custodian or other person having control of public money by virtue of such person's official position.

(b)   As used in this section, "public money" means any money or negotiable instrument which belongs to the state of Kansas or any political subdivision thereof.

(c)   (1) Misuse of public funds where the aggregate amount of money paid or claimed in violation of this section is $100,000 or more is a severity level 5, nonperson felony.

(2)   Misuse of public funds where the aggregate amount of money paid or claimed in violation of this section is at least $25,000 but less than $100,000 is a severity level 7, nonperson felony.

(3)   Misuse of public funds where the aggregate amount of money paid or claimed in violation of this section is at least $1,000 but less than $25,000 is a severity level 9, nonperson felony.

(4)   Misuse of public funds where the aggregate amount of money paid or claimed in violation of this section is less than $1,000 is a class A nonperson misdemeanor. Upon conviction of misuse of public funds, the convicted person shall forfeit the person's official position.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: farmgal67357 on June 28, 2011, 10:04:59 PM
I gotta question about a road! Why doesn't Howard have a Main street? It's Wabash instead, right? Pittsburg, KS is like that. They have a Broadway, but no Main....

Lisa

Really simple to answer. Because those that had the authority to do so named the streets, so we got Wabash. LOL

farmgal67357

Quote from: Janet Harrington on June 28, 2011, 10:07:04 PM
Really simple to answer. Because those that had the authority to do so named the streets, so we got Wabash. LOL

So there was no Mr. Main, just a Mr. Wabash! heeheeehee I have also been told that the street/area that we will be moving to is also called Teachers Row. We're gonna fit right in!

Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk