road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

My old 1954 map of Elk County shows a road there that serves property owned by several different people.  Since that time, one person has acquired the property and no one else has a need to use the road.  Obviously the road today is what is left of what used to be a well used road.  It was not put there just to be putting in a road.  The fact that the county still has a right-of-way easement makes it their responsibility to take care of.  And since there are no taxes being paid on it, it would make sense for the county to give up their right-of-way easement and close the road.  But then on the other hand, it is possible that the present owner would sell a portion of the land that lies along that easement and the county would have to provide access to the land for the new owner.  Something to consider.

readyaimduck

So, if I were the landowner (of which I am not) were to sell to the county part of my land to widen the Windfam road access, then they in turn could theoritically give me an easement, and or SELL  me back that road? 
ready, I think

readyaimduck

Wait, I just talked to myself, and that scenario wouldn't be fruitful.
Why would I as a landowner buy something back that I would already have access to and graded.

Unless, there is a lease to rent the access.  ???

Wilma

The county doesn't buy the land.  The landowner gives an easement for the purpose of constructing a road and the right for the public to use the road.  The landowner continues to own the land.  The landowner owns the land out to the center of the road and if he happens to own the other side, also, he owns the whole road.  The easement he gives the county gives the public the right to travel on the road, but not the right to make use of the roadside.  It is the county's responsibility to maintain the road and roadside.

Hefe de vaca

I wonder why there is a debate about a road that was of no intrest to anyone before the windfarm began constuction. I haven't seen grading or rock on the Eagle Head trail in at least three years and beyond, until Enel improved the access into the construction site. The general public has no reason to use the newly constructed "road" other than to sightsee , which would create more of a safety hazard than what exists already with the constuction traffic. It may have been considered a county road at some distant time , but it isn't now.  No part of it crosses the Harrison Family Trust. Limestone cuts through the Harrison land and dead ends at Don Perkins land. That portion of Limestone from Road 7 hasn't been rocked or maintained for more than a year, the last attempt was after a firetruck got stuck on it trying to get to a grass fire west of there. Actually, it's better that they don't. Limestone could have been called "Lake Limestone" when it rained before Enel took over maintenance of it from Howard to Road 9. I was informed by one of the county motor grader operators that he was instructed not to cut in ditches or crown the roads, ridiculous.Those of us who "have" to use these roads are grateful for the improvement to them , but we also know that , when Enel is done, we will be back to the substandard roads we have been dealing with for years. If you want to complain about roads or conspiracies , look to the rest of the county and the condition of the roads that your tax dollars "are" being spent on and wasted.

Patriot

Quote from: Hefe de vaca on June 27, 2011, 07:51:14 PM
...No part of it crosses the Harrison Family Trust...

It appears you are quite right with respect to 'The Gateway to Caney River Windfarm'.  The maps produced by the Central Publishing Company, Inc. have mysteriously shown shifting ownership of the one section in question each year since 2008.  That's one busy section!  Their maps for all other sections have been remarkably stable and unchanging.  I believe the true ownership to be, and to have been all along, Mac-O-Chee Farms, LP.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

If you want to complain about roads or conspiracies , look to the rest of the county and the condition of the roads that your tax dollars "are" being spent on and wasted.

You mean like Indigo, perhaps?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

QuoteCentral Publishing Company, Inc. have mysteriously shown shifting ownership of the one section in question each year since 2008. 

And to reiterate, the Central Publishing Company, Inc. asks for that information in Sept/October to be published the following year.
Deeds come through after they ask, and you may not see it. What is in your book, is only good up untill Sept/October of the year previous to when you get it.

I love the "Brown's Book", and I also take with an approximate grain of salt.
Changing owners that quickly in 3 years may not be a quick time...seems quick to us that have owned land for 50 years.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 27, 2011, 03:41:45 PM
That is a fact, and one I was trying to make earlier without being too complex.
Also, in order for it to be closed, it has to be submitted in the paper by the comissioners as a notice prior to being closed for any discussion/denial.

Ready, you are correct, it has to be published in the county paper at least three times by the county commissioners.

Janet Harrington

I wonder why there is a debate about a road that was of no intrest to anyone before the windfarm began constuction. I haven't seen grading or rock on the Eagle Head trail in at least three years and beyond, until Enel improved the access into the construction site. The general public has no reason to use the newly constructed "road" other than to sightsee , which would create more of a safety hazard than what exists already with the constuction traffic. It may have been considered a county road at some distant time , but it isn't now.  No part of it crosses the Harrison Family Trust. Limestone cuts through the Harrison land and dead ends at Don Perkins land. That portion of Limestone from Road 7 hasn't been rocked or maintained for more than a year, the last attempt was after a firetruck got stuck on it trying to get to a grass fire west of there. Actually, it's better that they don't. Limestone could have been called "Lake Limestone" when it rained before Enel took over maintenance of it from Howard to Road 9. I was informed by one of the county motor grader operators that he was instructed not to cut in ditches or crown the roads, ridiculous.Those of us who "have" to use these roads are grateful for the improvement to them , but we also know that , when Enel is done, we will be back to the substandard roads we have been dealing with for years. If you want to complain about roads or conspiracies , look to the rest of the county and the condition of the roads that your tax dollars "are" being spent on and wasted.

I planned on writing a lengthy reply to you, Hefe de vaca, but all I am going to say is that this is not the first time we have discussed and cussed county roads. This is not a new topic. We were not talking about conspiracies about county roads. All we were doing was having a discussion about Road 5 and Road 7 and the wind farm. Facts were cultivated from the proper authority, (in my case the appraiser's office), and presented for more discussion. I am sure we will trash other county roads as they present themselves to our curiosity. Thanks for setting me straight on the fact that the Harrison Family Trust is nowhere near Road 5 and Killdeer, but is indeed on Limestone. I misspoke and for that I apologize. I even knew better because I am very knowledgeable about who owns that land where Road 5 ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk