road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

Lot of people have ask if that road going in the middle of wind farm is a county road , and if it is how  can they close  it off to the public. The county did blade it .

Wilma

A county road can be closed if all the adjoining landowners request it and the county commissioners grant it.  There are two ifs here.  All adjoining landowners and the county commissioners.  Even if the landowners want it closed, the county commissioners do not have to do it.  However, ALL the landowners (that is the landowners on both sides of the road.) have to be in agreement.

Wilma

I have just consulted my 1988 landowners map of Elk County.  It shows that Road 7 between Limestone on the north and Flint on the south is non-existent, except for two miles on the north end, which is a dirt road.  There is 1/2 mile on the south end that does not lie in the proposed area.  Limestone is a gravel road and runs along the north edge of the area.  I think that you can see how it is possible to close this road.

My map is a 1988 map and perhaps, but not likely, there has been a county road built from Flint to Limestone.

Janet Harrington

Road 7 does not go into the middle of the wind farm. Road 7 is a north and south road. If you go south from Limestone to Killdeer, Road 7 stops there. the road that goes into the wind farm is Killdeer. If I can find an Elk County map on the web I will give you the link. I can't remember how far Killdeer remains a county road up on that hill.

kshillbillys

It's Road 5 to Killdeer that doesn't show up on the map, that runs across daddys land!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

Is this about Rd. 7 or Rd. 5?  And where is it closed?  Rd. 5 ends in the middle of a section owned by Jim Perkins.  My map also shows that Kildeer ends at Rd. 7 and doesn't go anywhere close to Rd. 5.  The fact remains that if the landowners want the road closed, it is likely that the county commissioners will close it, depending on whether or not it closes off access to property owned by other people.  In this case, Jim Perkins seems to own everything around it.

oldfart

all i know we bladed that road over the top ,if it was closed Mr Perkins got his private road bladed free for years ,doesnt surprise me.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 26, 2011, 05:36:25 AM
It's Road 5 to Killdeer that doesn't show up on the map, that runs across daddys land!

Jennifer and Robert, Is it your daddy, Jennifer, or Robert's daddy that owns land on Eagle Head? I had no idea that you had an immediate relative that owned land on Eagle Head.

Wilma

The land around Road 5 hasn't always belonged to Perkins.  In 1954, the section where the road ends now belonged to T. C. Cory and the road extended all the way across the section to a dirt road running east and west.  The landowners on the north side of that road were T. C. Cory and Ralph Perkins and A. L. Criger owned the next section to the west.  In other words, at the time this road was built, Perkins didn't own any of that land that it ran through.

As to why it is still being graded, you would have to ask the road department.

kshillbillys

Janet: I just called it "daddy's land" because that's the way it is put to us by a county commissioner. And the road in question is at the corner of 7 and Killdeer. It goes on up and over and joins in with Road 5 that runs to Kenny Liebau's road. And as for asking the road department as to why it was being bladed or rock being put on private property, we're as dumbfounded as you are. I believe you would have to ask District 2's commissioner. Oldfart knows what he's talking about.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk