A Tale of Two Elections....

Started by redcliffsw, June 24, 2011, 07:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

I did something today that I have been dreading, something that made me absolutely sick: I went to my local dmv and registered Republican.
-Mike Shaner

http://lewrockwell.com/orig12/shaner1.1.1.html

Warph

"Ron Paul can defeat Obama in 2012 with relative ease. He is the only Republican that will appeal to the President's youthful antiwar base. The young Obama voters of 2008 are still hungry for change and can become the young Paul voter's of 2012."
...Mike Shaner

You know... Shaner makes sense with his above statement.  My son and all his buddies voted for Obuma in 2008... they wanted CHANGE (which Obuma never delivered).  Now they have switched over to Ron Paul, again hoping for CHANGE.  How times have changed!

I do believe our government, as an institution is completely and totally warped and the best change would be to vote out those who've taken office as a life long career.... learned to play on peoples fears and needs... given the country away and before serving us (we are their boss ya know) have learned to serve themselves for power and greed.  At some point we have to stop them from giving handouts to people, simply for their vote.  Time to kick 'em to the curb!

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

Doesn't that amount to term limits?  Something that I have preached?  Get the good old boys out.  And don't let the good new boys get a foothold.

Diane Amberg

farmgal67357

I'm a registered "undeclared". ;D Don't want nothing to do with ANY political party. I look at the candidates individually, some MUCH more than others. Right now I am looking at Herman Cain, so far, I like what I see.

Lisa
I have no problem voting for a black man for President, but he has to be the RIGHT black man.......so many things are more important.
Lisa

Diane Amberg

I'm an independent too and have had several inches chomped off my legs by several on here who don't like anybody but puckered conservatives. I used to be 5'7" but now I'm only 5'4" ;D    It'll be a very long time before I decide for 2012.

Wilma

Does losing three incihes make you overweight?

redcliffsw

Diane, for one reason or another I'm not seeing you being an independent.

Diane Amberg

Red, for one reason or another I don't care in the least.  >:(   :P  My driver's license says I am, in case I forget, I can check. I am who I am and I am quite comfortable being an independent. Three words for the day....intolerant, judgemental, suspicious.
   Wilma, I'm like a certain feline. I'm not overweight, I'm under tall. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk