tongue in cheek

Started by readyaimduck, June 24, 2011, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Boudicca...Now THERE was a woman warrior to reckon with...She was something else!

farmgal67357

Quote from: Catwoman on June 25, 2011, 04:43:18 AM
Boudicca...Now THERE was a woman warrior to reckon with...She was something else!

Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to tick her off! Or meet her in a dark alley! There is a reason why we remember her, besides the fact that she could kick butt!

Lisa
Lisa

readyaimduck

Gonna have to read up on this woman...Sounds like  an Elk County woman! :o

Catwoman

She was married to a king of a tribe that existed in what is now England, if I remember correctly, during the Roman rule.  When he died, their daughters ended up being raped by the Romans when they came to take possession of the King's lands and goods (after the King's death).  Boudicca (also spelled Boudicea, I think) then got a number of the tribes together and led them in a revolt against the Romans, catching them by surprise.  She managed to destroy several large towns and kill many, many people before the revolt was broken.  Instead of allowing herself to be taken prisoner by the Romans, she ingested poison. 

Let's see...Loyal...Passionate...Has a temper...Good at organization...Vindictive...Will get even with you and lay waste to you, if possible, once you get crosswise of her...Won't allow you to get the better of her...

Yep...Sounds like she might have a few relatives living in Elk County! lol

farmgal67357

She was queen of the Iceni. And the epitome of a strong woman! Yep, she'd be fine in Elk County... ;D

Lisa
Lisa

Catwoman

Oh yeah...I'd forgotten the name of the tribe.  And, yes...I believe she'd be one I'd want in my corner (not cornering me!) lol  ;D

readyaimduck

wow...fascinating!   Love the old stories
the old stories are the mehods to our madness?  and fair for all our today's morals/ethics..?  ???
Methinks we have strayed, I truely hope not.
PLEASE dont let England rule again....unless it's about RUGBY and TEA WITH SUGAR AND MILK!
(use your pinkie finger straight up to drink!)   
I  had the pleasure of knowing an 80 year old woman who was in the nursing home who still did that up until the day she died.

Bless the eticate! (spell check police please)
ready

Wilma

etiquette, but you knew that, didn't you?

readyaimduck

yes, Wilma ...you are good!
However my fingers type faster then my mind...and I hate spell check....if I don't know how to spell the word, then I shouldn't use it.

how's about I say, "Good Manners"... that is easy to spell!  ;D

Catwoman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk