The Missing Money....

Started by redcliffsw, June 24, 2011, 07:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

There is, in fact, supposed to be a large increase in the monthly Medicare insurance premium for 2012.

Something called the Conservative Daily News is reporting a 20% rise.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on June 24, 2011, 06:21:42 PM
There is, in fact, supposed to be a large increase in the monthly Medicare insurance premium for 2012.

Something called the Conservative Daily News is reporting a 20% rise.

Yes i know.  that would put me at a 60 dollar increase.  THey are intending to increase it to over 250 dollars a month by 2013 or 14.
SOB up there cut our care and damned if he didn't screw us all.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

From factchech.org:

Only 27 percent of Medicare beneficiaries are paying the basic rate. The rest — 73 percent — are paying less under a "hold harmless" provision triggered by the lack of a cost-of-living increase in Social Security this year or last year. Most are still paying $96.40.

As for the future, nobody can say with precision what the basic Part B premium will be next year or the year after, let alone in 2014. The premium is set each year at a level calculated to pay for 25 percent of the cost of the coverage. Medicare officials do keep close watch on the trends, however. And when we contacted Medicare's Office of the Actuary, we were given these projections — the most recent available — which are current as of the president's budget for fiscal year 2012 issued in mid-February:

Medicare Part B Standard Premium (projected, February 2011):

2012 $108.20
2013 $112.10
2014 $117.10

Source: Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Office of theActuary
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on June 24, 2011, 07:49:53 PM
From factchech.org:

Only 27 percent of Medicare beneficiaries are paying the basic rate. The rest — 73 percent — are paying less under a "hold harmless" provision triggered by the lack of a cost-of-living increase in Social Security this year or last year. Most are still paying $96.40.

As for the future, nobody can say with precision what the basic Part B premium will be next year or the year after, let alone in 2014. The premium is set each year at a level calculated to pay for 25 percent of the cost of the coverage. Medicare officials do keep close watch on the trends, however. And when we contacted Medicare's Office of the Actuary, we were given these projections — the most recent available — which are current as of the president's budget for fiscal year 2012 issued in mid-February:

Medicare Part B Standard Premium (projected, February 2011):

2012 $108.20
2013 $112.10
2014 $117.10

Source: Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Office of theActuary

I'll believe it when i see it.  After the election he has nothing to lose hiking it up sky high

Diane Amberg

Are you assuming Pres.O will win a second term?

Warph

Quote from: srkruzich on June 24, 2011, 11:21:14 PM
I'll believe it when i see it.  After the election he has nothing to lose hiking it up sky high

Steve.... Obuma is a ONE TERM president... he will not be around after the 2012 election!

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Warph

Hell... I'm always right! .... (until I'm wrong)

--Warph

-- Warph

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on June 25, 2011, 09:57:15 AM
Steve.... Obuma is a ONE TERM president... he will not be around after the 2012 election!

I don't have that much faith in the American Voter warph.  Too many idiots are allowed to vote.

redcliffsw

Sure are a lot of voters being paid by the government.  Just doesn't seem right does it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk